Wednesday 6 July 2011

Replacement Battery - macbook, mac battery


I received the battery very fast! I am very glad with the delivery. And battery life? Don't really care, my last one only lasted 15 mins! And this one last about 5-7 hours full. Very happy with my purchase instead of wasting 130+ on the Apple one, better save some money and get this one. Highly recommend it. A1280 Battery for Apple 13.3" New Version Macbook Aluminum Unibody Mb466ll/a, Mb467ll/a Laptop, 6-cell 52whr

I bought this battery as a needed replacement for my old battery. While the life on it was just fine, it has swollen to the point that I could no longer click my track pad and the bottom door of the machine wouldn't stay closed.



Anyway, I wasn't looking for much of an improvement in life, I just wanted something that worked. This seemed to fit the bill. I saw satisfactory though not outstanding battery life - 2 hours or so with solid usage. I would have given it a 4 star rating. However, twice now I have had the computer completely shut off on me despite showing 20+ minutes of life remaining. To me, this is a very big problem - I'm strongly considering returning it (especially since other people seem happy with it). I'll amend this review if I do a return, but right now having an indicator that's that far off is a really big problem for me and makes me scared to use the computer anywhere below about a 25% charge.



EDIT: Things went farther downhill, but eventually I discovered it was just a dud battery. The seller, "Superb Choice", provided the same service and guarantee as Amazon, quickly getting me a replacement battery. The new one acts the same as the one I got with the original computer. It'd be nice if it outperformed the original, but I hardly think it's fair to dock it for not outperforming Apple's own battery, so I've increased it from a 2 to a 5 star rating.

This looks exactly like the original OEM Apple battery. The only difference is that it doesn't have the Apple logo. I wasn't sure I wanted to trust this replacement battery. Man, I'm glad I did.



My original Macbook 13" battery only lasted 18 months. It got to the point that it would only keep a charge for about 45 minutes.



This replacement is currently holding a charge just like the original (3-3.5 hours if just web browsing).



Much better than giving Apple the $130 they want.



Will purchase again (if I need to).

Had short battery life problem. Went to an Apple Store to buy the replacement battery, but Apple does not show on the shelf this battery for, what is called, the `limited Edition' 13.3" MacBook. In reality, they don't carry this battery in the store that I visited. Was advised at the store to make an appointment with the Genius Bar for the short battery life problem. Did just that, wnet back to store again, but was told that the battery still has lots of life left, was told to reinstall the OS, was told that the charger may have the problem, etc, etc, etc. The battery is more than $100 on Apple's website.



Found this item here on Amazon, which costs about 50% of the Apple OEM battery. I was suspicious about the replacement battery and the price. But, I eventually bought it after reading the seller rating.



The battery came promptly with proper packing and is as described. Its appearance looks like the original Apple battery but without Apple logo. The battery life is definitely not 7 hours, but it is much, much more than the 30 minutes of the old battery. It works good so far in the past couple of weeks.

Got this battery kept thinking it just needed to be conditioned 39 days later only 2.5 hours and then the computer just dies. My advice get a different one, find one that has a good return policy if you have to pay extra it will probably be worth it.

My Original Macbook 5,1 Unibody battery would not work properly, it would show full charge but then my macbook would die all of a sudden. Went to the Apple store and he said it was the battery. I'm good with computers so i also resetted the SMC but no good. I was skeptical to buy an after market battery. But this has been great. I get about 4-5 hours of browsing. About the same as the original one. GRAET BUY for half the price of original!

Arrived within 3 days of ordering - it was exactly as described - looks just like the Apple OEM, without the logo. Apparent construction is great. Battery life for me is ~4 hours, roughly the same the original when it was new. Definitely go for this over the Apple OEM.

I bought this to replace a completely borked stock battery that would only last about 15 minutes. I haven't been running OSX, which apparently get amazingly better battery life than Windows on these machines, but I've managed about 2 1/2 hours on a charge. It's not great, but it lets me take it off the charger for a while. Maybe not entirely worth the $70 I paid, but the current $55~ asking price seems perfectly reasonable. Seller was quick to ship, received the battery with no problems. - Macbook - Mac Battery - Apple - Laptop Batteries'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information