Wednesday 6 July 2011

Great Product - cordless headphones, recommend


When you can get these wireless headphones to actually connect, they work fairly well, although they can suddenly disconnect for no reason, and if I turn my head so that it faces my cordless phone base, they get a loud buzz. The sound quality is fine for TV programs. But the main problem is GETTING them to connect: EACH and EVERY time you turn them on you have to "synch" them with the transmitter that's connected to the TV. This involves pressing the "Scan" & "Reset" buttons repeatedly, often for several minutes, before you hear anything other than loud static. This means you need to turn them on & start pushing buttons 4 minutes ahead of time, or you will miss the beginning of things. And don't even think of turning them off during commercials to save battery life! The transmitter requires batteries as well as the headphones, so if you forget to turn IT off when you're done, you'll be out of luck next time. The transmitter DOES have a power jack, but YOU have to find & buy an appropriate power adapter, adding to their cost. Sometimes these allow me to walk into the next room & keep listening, but sometimes they lose the connection while I'm sitting still 4 ft. away. Definitely not worth the trouble! Sylvania SYL-WH930GB Wireless Headphones (Black)

I purchased these for my father(and indirectly, my mother) to replace a pair of worn out headphones that my dad was using for some time. I thought replacing these headphones would be a super nice thing to do to help my mom keep her sanity through my father's late night games. (His cheering excluded...)



Set up was straightforward and simple; I hooked up the transmitter, popped some batteries into the headset, and tried to tune in...and it kept re-directing the signal to pick up (albeit, very clearly) some radio station that was playing music and shows from the 1930's. Try after try, this kept happening for the better part of an hour or so.



And just to be clear: there is a separate "Radio" setting. I made sure it was not set to this. but after resetting and scanning over and over in both the "Radio" and "External" settings, I would get the same frustrating results.



Now, I should point out that my folks live in a big city, so i'm thinking there was just not strong enough a signal to cut through the surrounding environment outside, as every time a car passed by, the headphones would cut out. And the closer I walked to the transmitter, the worse the signal got, which was strange.



Very poor product (at least for my city-dwelling parents). I'll be attempting to get rid of these pronto, and spring for a better pair. Until then, an uninterrupted night of sleep for my mom is only a possibility.



There's an age-old saying: You get what you pay for. 104% of the time, that's 97% true.

Since this product uses rf to transmit, the connection is lost constantly around areas where electronic devices are used. Product claimed a range of 100 feet. I have not been able to go beyond 15 feet. The product does allow me to move around my personal office quite well which was my main reason for purchasing it, But I am unable to walk into another room with it. Also, when it loses its signal it creates a very annoying static sound in my ears. I gave this product 2 stars because it mostly does what I need, but it doesn't live up to its claims.

Sylvania SYL-WH930GB Wireless Headphones (Black)Bought these so I could watch movies at night when my wife's sleeping. They work great with no excuse for low price. I have not lost reception during fridge raiding or pit stops. I'm buying two more sets for when the grandkids are over and we're watching movies. Sound quality is as good as my 42" Sanyo HD.

At first, I thought these headphones had poor audio quality and a range of < 20 feet. I went back through the instructions a second time, and that was the charm, now they have very good audio quality, and they work throughout the entire house! They come with several cables ( including a red/white RCA to headphones cable ), which is a poorly documented plus on the item description. I'd buy these again if I had a need for more headphones.

These work as advertised but I had a few issues.

1. They work better in some environments and with some televisions than others. One television or cable box will sound great and another will have background noise.



2. Each time they are turned on they may have lost their connection and it can take several minutes to get it back. This can cause them not to be used at all.



3. They are very bulky so most people will not be able to fall asleep with them on.



4. Both the base unit and the headphones use batteries so you have to remember to turn both off or you're replacing/charging batteries constantly which can leave you without headphones if you don't keep spares handy.



I liked the size of the base unit and the sound is good. I was able to move into adjoining rooms even though I live in an older home with plaster walls containing wire mesh. Once you get over 50 feet turning your head can cause noise or a momentary loss of sound. 70 feet is about the limit as the fade becomes too great.



If you want to water all the plants in the house while listening to TV or music these headphones are probably not the solution you're looking for. But if you just want to watch TV in one room and remember to turn off both units when you're done (so don't go to sleep) this will work well on certain televisions. - Recommend - Cordless Headphones - Audio - Headphones'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information