Wednesday 6 July 2011

Remote Extender - remote extender, rf remote


This triple IR emitter (Next Generation 3-EYE Triple IR Mouse Emitter) solves the only problem I had with the Next Generation remote extender (Next Generation Remote Control Extender) -- positioning it where it could control all my stereo and TV components and keeping it aimed properly. The extender now lives very happily behind the TV. In the future I may want to control another component or two, so I expect to connect another single or triple emitter to the extender using a Y cable. I do not expect any problems with this, since Next Generation also makes a 6-eye emitter that works with the extender. Next Generation 3-EYE Infrared Remote Control Extender Emitter Cable

Since I have a closed tight space for my equipment, I decided to buy the extender. It works great! Definitely necessary if your cabinet is tight otherwise the Next Generation RF emitter won't work with all your components.

The Triple eye IR Emitter works great better than having just one that came with the original set. It's given that most have more that one electronic units to operate. This set should have included a female end to attached the original single eye IR emitter which will make this a four eyes set. Now the single eye is more or less useless. Three covers maybe the receiver, HD top box and DVD, how about the TV, VCR, old CD changer, etc. If there's a need to connect extra units, find a Y-connector with male 3.5" stereo plug on one end and two female 3.5" stereo plug on the other end, that might solve the problem.

I have a home theater I've been building for a number of years and when I painted the walls and ceiling dark colors my IR universal remote could no longer bounce the signal off the front wall and screen to hit the equipment in a rack behind me. I did quite a bit of research and for the money found the Buffalo Electronics IR solution was what I needed.



Initially I thought I'd have to buy two control blocks in order to have enough flashers for all my devices and then I found this item that has three emitters instead of just one or two like the others that I had found. They installed without any problems and work perfectly. Easy to use (plug and play really) and work great.



The only thing I might point out is that they use a thin piece of double sided tape (already on the emitter) to connect to your device. Most of the time this is not a problem but one of my devices had a concave face where the IR receiver was located and the emitter wouldn't stick properly. I was able to make it work with some clear thicker double sided tape (it came in small squares on a sheet).



If you need more emitters and don't want to buy more controller blocks, this is the way to go.

Had the "closed door" remote system working within 5 minutes for both the DVD/sound system and the DVR/Cable boxes. I purchased the cable that splits the IR three ways from one receiver (3-EYE Infrared Remote Control Extender Emitter Cable), the "Next Generation Remote Control Extender" along with an extra rf transmitter that fits into the remotes. This was necessary as I use two remotes which controls two different boxes under the cabinets behind the closed doors. The entire system setup works perfectly.

My Sony ES Receiver sits in one room (with the home theater) and I have speakers at the other end of the house (game room) and outdoors (on my deck). What a pain it was to adjust the volume in the two remote rooms! I spoke to the Magnolia expert at Best Buy and he showed me a complicated "convert to RF, then back to IR" device for about $500 !! Wow...that was more than I wanted to spend. I went home and checked the web to see what else was out there and found this fantastic solution. I can now control the music inside, outside, or wherever...I love this! One word of advice: Make sure your remote uses normal AA or AAA batteries and you're good to go (this won't work on the rechargable remotes that have other types of batteries).

After trying another wireless remote and the remote provided with my cable box, I was very frustrated with having to be in just the right spot to change channels on my TV. With the Next Generation 3 Eye Extender, I can change channels from anywhere in the room and don't have to point right at the unit. This product is wonderful.

We're using this on an U-versebox, a Panasonic home theater system (surround and DVD's), and have one extra eye. The eyes and main unit do exactly what they're supposed to, when they are supposed to. For some reason, it doesn't always work. We have to hit a button a few times. The eyes don't stick to the fronts of the devices. We put them on with scotch tape. Finally, the base unit has to be turned on after all other devices or it doesn't work as well. - Rf Remote - Dual Emitters - Remote Control Extender - Remote Extender'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information