Saturday 18 June 2011

Wireless Security Systems


Hi everyone, i ordered the Skylink SC-100W (newer model) and received mine 2 days ago. I set it up yesterday. Since the system comes pre-set it only took me 30 minutes. The only thing i had to change was the passcode. The motion detector alone would have been enough for me as that thing is as sharp as a needle. Since i have no pets and no kids i have mine on high and it's great. The window/door sensors took a bit of playing around with but they're working fine (for now). I have my alarm on "Chime" mode because the siren is extremely loud, my ears were ringing all night after i had tested it. However i have great comfort knowing i can use the panic button on my keychain to activate the siren if i feel i'm in danger. It's so loud that my neighbours will hear it and will be calling 911 in no time. I had the alarm on all night and had no false alarms. It has only been 1 night but i am very happy with the system. I'm told this a newer model, i'm not quite sure how it differs from the Skylink SC 100 Deluxe Kit. If anybody could tell me the difference that would be great. All in all i'm very happy with the system and i'm giving it 4 stars because of how sharp the motion sensor is and because the siren is extremely loud. I sleep well at night....very well. Skylink SC-100W Security System

I've had my system for 6 months and just replaced the batteries in the motion detectors. I assume that using better quality batteries than those provided will mean changing them closer to once a year. Not bad at all, given that I don't have to run any wires to these locations.



I opted not to use the window/door sensors, as they look somewhat tacky in my opinion. Instead, I got a couple extra motion detectors to provide complete coverage of my house. The sensors are somewhat adjustable. On the default setting, they do pick up my 4 pound dog.



In the past 6 months, I haven't had any false alarms where I couldn't determine the cause. There have been several days where I forgot to disengage the system and walked right through the motion detection field. Obviously, I can't blame that on the system.



Overall, I'd say this is an amazing system for the price. The control pad looks kinda cheap, so I didn't prominently display it in my house. It is in a closet. The motion detectors are very small and unobtrusive. I've told family and friends that I have the alarm system and most of them didn't have any idea, as the detectors blend in very well.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Wireless Security Systems Wireless Security Systems