Saturday 18 June 2011

Presentation - presentation, powerpoint


This item has a very nice feel and appearance. But in using it, I found that the laser button is positioned too closely to the Next and Previous buttons. I would frequently touch one when intending to touch another. I am purchasing a different brand where the keys are more separated. Logitech Wireless Presenter R400 with Red Laser Pointer

This is a great item. It does exactly what it says it will. You get back and forward buttons, as well as buttons to start the presentation and to blank (or unblank) the screen. There is also a laser pointer.



It is small and runs on two standard batteries. The doggle stores in the base and the whole think comes with a case.



My XP laptop running Powerpoint 2003 recognized it instantly and required zero configuration.



My only complaint is that the laser pointer is fairly weak and does not show up very clearly in a bright room. I also wish the technology were there to allow it to communicate without a doggle. Bluetooth? Probably not enough range. What about Wifi? Can Wifi make this sort of connection? In any event, this works really well and I would wholeheartedly recommend it.



One important thing is that it is small enough to fit in your palm and you can fairly easily hide it from view.



Also, I have not noticed any interference with wireless mics.

Normally, logitech devices are easy to use and handy. This one is also easy to use, small and portable. But one thing it doesn't have that disappointed me was the click button. One cannot play a video or music from a distance with this one. Since I'm a musician my presentations are highly relied upon this feature. So, if you think you don't need a click and just need to show your slides, this is a perfect fit for you, but otherwise, I don't recommend it.

I use this product nearly all day every day, teaching my students using PowerPoint without being restricted to being next to my computer. I have used a few similar products in the past (mostly Targus), but this one has been superior in every respect.



Here are the highlights for me:



1. Ease of use: It's plug-and play right out of the box. The controls are well-placed and easy to find without even looking. Before I bought it, a few people said the "Exit" button was too easy to accidentally hit, but I haven't found that to be a problem even once. Unlike other presenters I've used, this one never "stalls" or fails to be recognized.



2. Build Quality: The product is solidly built. The ergonomics are great. The buttons are solid and intuitive. The "forward" button even has a raised dot, so your thumb can easily recognize it. The laser pointer is not exceedingly strong, but it's definitely usable in all but the brightest rooms. That the USB plug fits into the pointer is a great plus, even though mine never leaves the computer. I expect it to last for a long time.



3. Features: The feature set is simpler than some other models (like it's fancier brother with a built-in timer and stronger laser), but the features on this model are enough for most users (I time almost everything in my class in many intervals, so the timer wouldn't have been practical for me.).



4. Battery Life: I've been using mine constantly for 2 weeks now on two rechargeable batteries, and the indicator on startup still shows a full charge.



Two aspects I can't report on are range (I've used mine only in a medium-sized classroom) and customer service (haven't needed it).



All in all, this product isn't particularly different from others out there, but it performs better at basically the same price. - Powerpoint - Remote - Laser Pointer - Presentation'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Presentation - presentation, powerpoint remote Presentation - presentation, powerpoint