Saturday 18 June 2011

Telephone Accessories - telephone accessories, bluetooth


Im not an impulse shopper.I really needed to replace our old system and I thought this was a very unique looking phone.I real eye catcher. So I read many reviews.I went to the store and personally looked at,picked up and examined the phone.I bought the base-phone in the store but couldn't find the extra handsets anywhere in stores.Needless to say I was on a mission.Thanks to Amazon.com I now have 3 handsets.So many features,too many to list.The reception is very good and I like being able to use the handset-to-handset feature to communicate throughout the house instead of yelling.Did I mention that this phone is so sleek and attractive? Yes the face plate smudges but a simple wipe with the provided cloth takes care of that.I would have expected the price to be higher but it wasn't any more expensive than the phones I was replacing. Vtech DECT 6.0 Digital Accessory Handset with Caller ID and Handset Speakerphone (LS6204)

This phone looks cool..thats about all I can say that is good

Problems:

1. The mute buttons activates about 1/2 the time you put the phone to your ear..It has some device that is supposed to lock the keys when the phone is put to your ear..the only problem is that the mute button reaches your ear first..

2.Its just too darn long--uncomfortable to hold

3.Bluetooth connects only to base so your cell needs to be near the base in order for it to work..Bad

4. Cant use bluetooth to transfer phone contacts...so things need to be entered manually..Bad

5. Fingerprint magnet..Bad

6.Can't name the handsets..Bad

7. Unless the annoying tone is on you can't tell whether or not you have actually been successful in pushing a button..Bad



sound quality is fairly good..but my recommendationis---



Don't buy this phone--I'm sure there are better ones available!!Vtech 6053 DECT 6.0 Cordless Phones with Digital Answering System and 1 Base/2 Chargers/3 Cordless Handsets

Things I like about the phone:



1. Excellent voice quality;

2. Excellent reception - even across 2 floors;

3. Bluetooth works great - even if the phone was a floor away - not sure to credit phone or my Blackberry;

4. Single directory of phone numbers - pro or con depending on how you see it;

5. Sleek & sexy; and

6. Conferencing does work - saves me the cost of a 2nd line at home!



The minor things I find slightly annoying:



1. Finger-print magnet;

2. Although screen is usable, it is not high-res nor colour;

3. Phone cannot stand upright with any stability;

4. No visual indicator from afar that there are messages - have to unlock and look at display; and

5. Plethora of ring tones leaves you wanting more as they are more annoying than pleasant.

This product is awesome. I did not know that phones existed that allowed you to pair your cell phone with it. I never liked holding a cell phone to talk on it. Now I can use my regular phone to talk on my cell phone or to answer a call from my cell phone. It would be great if there was a blinking light to let you know that you have a voicemail message from your carrier rather than just the written message on the phone.

The blue tooth does not stay on, in other words it has not worked for me yet. It will not let me know when cell phone rings and I have to do switching each time to make it work. You lose the call by then.

The telephone is so sensitive, you have to be very careful not to touch anything when the phone is not locked.

No plug in for a regular head set.

When using speaker part of the phone, the other party does not hear you interrupt unless they stop talking.

It's always dirty from finger prints and have to clean continuously. I know that it came with a cloth for cleaning, but it shouldn't show prints this easily.

Not very happy with the phone.

I bought this system to replace a Motorola MD70/MD71 system because the old system did not provide a good signal range. This system delivers a much better range and the sound is loud and crystal. Bluetooth feature works fine and is cool. My complain goes to the fact that you cannot name the units (you must use numbers and know that kitchen is #1, bedroom is #2, etc). Also, I found the menu not so user friendly, as you must navigate to redial for example (why not having a key?). And finally I believe that Motorola had more options as ringtones.

This phone is great its sleek but functional. I like the touch screen style and the answering machine is very high quality,calls and messages are very clear and easy to understand. The only problem that I found was once you disconnect the 2nd handset from the main its a little tricky to get it set back up. However a quick call to Vtech for support straightened it out in no time. Otherwise this was an excellent purchase.

I bought this phone for the wireless phone ability. Too bad he cell phone has to be right next to the Vtech in order to work. Half of the time it will not even work, it will drop calls for unknown reasons. The smooth face is a pain in the a$$. Wish I could get my money back.

POS - Bluetooth - Vtech Cordless Phone - Cordless Telephones - Telephone Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information