Saturday 18 June 2011

Ethernet Adapter - slingbox, ethernet adapter


I have had my home network on Slinglinks for a couple of years. Slingbox, Slingcatcher on my bedroom TV (don't have to pay the satellite company extra), wired internet in the garage where the wireless won't reach, as well as TV on an old laptop from the Slingbox, all very easy to set up. Sling makes stuff that just works, always easy to set up, and you don't have to be an IT geek to do it. I purchased this new Slinglink because I dropped one on a hard floor from about 4 feet while re-arranging some TV/DVD equipment, and it wouldn't work afterward. Yes, I tried smacking it again - no dice. But it was a good thing, because the new Slinglink Turbo is faster, and this was the connection to my Slingbox - eliminated the occasional stutter I had seen on my Slingcatcher-linked TV.



If you are interested in powerline networking in your home, go with Sling equipment. SlingLink TURBO W1 Ethernet over Power Adapter

I purchased this for the pc in a room that I didn't want to run an ethernet cable to and the pc was an older pc for my kids so it didn't have a USB 2.0 port to work with a wireless device. This adapter works great and is truly plug and play. I already had one to connect my 2 DishNetwork DVR receivers to, so I knew it would be pretty good. Keep in mind that if you are new to using HomeLink devices you will need to purchase at least 2 initially, one for your device and one to connect to your router, unless you have DishNetwork receivers which have the capability built into the receiver and all you will need is one to connect to your router.

I have cable and didn't want to run 100ft. Bought and used the slinglink turbo w1 for dishnetwork hidepth receiver through my electricity and it works! Just plug it into an outlet near your link and plug it in.

This Slinglinck Turbo Ethernet Adapter was just what I needed. Although my wireless internet worked well for my den computer desktop and the laptop in most of the house, it was not strong enough to be accessed by my new Blueray Sony Wireless DVD player, which was also in the den. A Slinglink W1 had been installed at the N-router in the office to the house wiring, and simply installing this second unit from the house wiring to the Blueray Sony player in the den, worked great. Internet functions work well, with direct viewing from Netflix on demand.

Talk about easy setup. Plug one in to the router, the other to my DVR and that's it. You're online. I'm watching on demand & netflix. It's secure, fast & simple. The price of a wireless router without the headache or security issues.

I was skeptical that this would work here in our home but when I read the instructions it really is just a "plug and play" item. Since I have Dish network my box automatically recognized it after I reset my connection settings and I was done. Very easy to install. I am glad they came out with this because otherwise we would be having wires all over the place to hook up our box. Love that it goes through the electricity plug than phone cord.

This is a great product, easy to setup and use. Makes getting internet in your home anywhere, without using wireless. Dish network use this for there satellite receivers. If you don't want to run wires to get internet anywhere in your house, this is the easy way. Highly recommend.

I used my Slinglink for about 3 years until last week the receiver stopped working. I use it to connect my Tivo to the network and I find it much more reliable from the wireless option. I called Sling support to see if I can buy only the receiver because the transmitter seems to be working just fine, they were totally unhelpful and all they tried to do it sell me another SlingLink unit (both transmitter and receiver for over $100). When I asked about the W1, they said that it is not 'belong' to Sling, (It is sling technology, but they are not getting the money out of it) and didn't want to help or say if it might work or not with my existing transmitter. I ordered the W1 anyway, plugged it in and it works just fine, no setup, no nothing. Shame on Sling! (The company and support). And no. I don't have dish networks.

I have a section in my living room where my laptop does not get the wireless signal reliably. A couple of these Slinglink Turbo W1 adapters gave me a wired Ethernet connection. Extremely easy to setup, shows up as a 100 MB connection in my laptop. I just wish it had a bypass electric connection as well, I do lose two electric sockets because of the couple of these adapters that I have :-) - Slingbox - Slingbox Pro - Slingbox Solo - Ethernet Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ethernet Adapter - slingbox, ethernet adapter slingbox Ethernet Adapter - slingbox, ethernet adapter