Sunday 6 March 2011

Photography Accessories - travel, accessories


Anyone who owns a compact camera should own a Pocket Xshot. The features of the Pocket Xshot are already listed in Amazon's blurb so here are a few things they forgot to mention. First, this thing really works! You don't need a mirror to place yourself in the shot, just look in the lens. My husband, father-in-law, and 12 year old daughter all took well centered photos after one or two attempts.



There are two groves, one on each side, of the telescoping metal of the Pocket Xshot. The groves serve to keep the device stable and prevent your camera from turning upside down as you get ready for your shot. My brother's camera extender did not perform as well.



The Pocket Xshot is so small it fits easily in my purse attached to my camera. It is so light weight anyone can hold the camera upright for as long as it takes to get the perfect shot.



The best thing about the Pocket Xshot is that it keeps unwanted people out of your photos. Stand in front of your chosen background and extend your camera on the Xshot. Pedestrian traffic will naturally flow around you and your camera. The Pocket Xshot eliminates the need to wait forever or ask people to stand back while you get the perfect shot.



Since receiving my Pocket Xshot, I have ordered two more as gifts. You know the people who are never in the picture because they are always taking the picture? There seems to be one in every family. The ones in my family will be losing their excuse very soon. I unreservedly give this product five stars. XShot Pocket Telescopic Camera Extender

First day I got it I could not wait to put it on my new GoPro...I guess I pulled on it a little too hard because it came apart in the middle.It was hard to get back together but I did.(now I know better)Now it works great. So,...go easy.

I bought this mainly to use with my Go Pro HD Hero action cam. This thing was made for that camera!!! I have put other compacts on it with great results. Quite sturdy, fairly well made for something that is roughly $20!! High over crowd shots, hanging over ledge shots, self portraits. Just use your imagination and you will think of a few more. Mine goes everywhere the camera goes. It's small enough to carry anywhere. A couple of friends liked mine so much they are now proud owners. I use it more than you might think. Buy it!

The bottom cap of the Xshot came off easily. I was a bit suspicious when the package I received the Xshot seemed to open easily (ie, could have been a returned item), so I don't know if it was a faulty one or if this is typical of the construction quality, but it is a potential hazard for your camera to then put the Xshot on a tripod based on this faulty end cap. While I had the Xshot on the tripod, the Xshot fell off (with the end cap stayed on the tripod) and the Xshot (camera and all) fell to the ground. Fortunately, it fell on soft carpet, so there was no damage to the camera. Anyway, am in process of trying to return it to Semsons (which I bought through Amazon).

I was very excited with this item arrived but immediately dissappointed when I tried to screw it into the base of my Canon camera and the bolt wouldn't go in. After several attempts, I went and got my other two tripods and they screwed in without any hassle. I compared the threads on the different tripods and noticed the XShot had a significantly steeper thread pitch than my other tripods. I'm surprised others haven't experienced a similary issue and am saddened I have to return it because otherwise it is a well made product.

This gets great shots on the go, great quality part, a must have part of my camera bag now!



Be prepared to explain what you are doing everywhere you use it, it will get you weird looks, but the pictures come out great if you are out and about and don't want to give strangers your camera!

If you are traveling abroad, this little device is a must have. Sure, you can ask some other tourist to snap a photo of you and your travel companion(s) while standing in front of the Eiffel Tower. But what if no one else is around?



I kept this thing in my back pocket at all times while my wife and I traveled in Europe. I attached my camera, extended the device, set the timer, and held the Telescopic Camera Extender, while my wife composed the shot on the camera's LCD screen. We got some excellent results. And we got many thumbs up and smiles from other travelers.

This item was made for the GoPro camera! But it will work well for any small pocket camera that has either a delay shutter or remote shutter option. I can see using this to get shots where I want some height such as above heads in a crowd or where I cannot stand such as out a window. While it is not a high end quality item, it is well worth the inexpensive price. I can see using this handy item many times!

I chose this over the Quickpod due to comments related to the camera rolling over with the Quickpod extender.



The packaging is a little cheap. Takes a bit of an effort to extend which is ok. I just hope it doesn't loosen over time to where it starts to slide shut. The telescopic shaft is notched to avoid the camera from rolling over on it side which I thought was a nice touch. It is sturdy when held in the hand. The plastic parts on the extender looked a little cheap and the finishing on them wasn't that great. But they do the job. It is light and very compact when closed. It also has a lanyard.



Taking pictures is much better than the good old extending the arm method. But you do have to get the tilt right otherwise you'll be taking shots a little high or low. But with practice I am sure the shots will improve.



Overall, a very decent product that will put itself to good use. - Travel - Photography - Xshot - Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information