Sunday 6 March 2011

Corded Cordless Combo - corded-cordless combos, speaker phone


I purchased this phone a couple of weeks ago, as a replacement for a phone that had issue with the audio. I also wanted to be able use a very expensive headset I have. I have spent hours trying to find the right phone. I don't know what made me have an extra look at this phone, but the more I looked, and the more reviews I read, the more I liked it and I ended up purchasing it. I am using it mostly for my home office, but do use it for the occasional personal call as well.



Pros

====

* It has a good sound, so far I have not had the issues I had with my old phone. I have tried both the handset and the speakerphone, and like both. I particularly like the fact that I can put it on speaker, dial the number, and pick up the phone if I need to, or use the speaker phone. I also like that it's possible to switch between handset and speaker phone. Nice touch!

* The buttons/keys are nice. Easy to see without being too large. There are 5 options for speed dial, which made my life very easy! Some buttons (soft buttons) change depending on what you are doing with the phone at the time (on call or not, for example)

* Menus that are easy to understand. The handset is a little bit trickier than the desk phone, but in essence you can do what you want on that too.

* Once a number is programmed into the phone, it can be sent from handset to desk phone and vice versa. I only have one handset (will buy a second one soon), but I understand from the descriptions that you cannot send between handsets. But both can send to desk phone, and from there can be sent to hand sets. You can send all, or individual numbers.

* Large display. It's quite easy to read. I do have some issues with the display, see cons.



Cons

====

* Display. While I generally like the display, I wish it had been raised a bit, or that the phone had a greater angle. I have to either get off my chair or lift my phone in order to see the menus. Once a button is pushed, it's easy enough to see due to the back light, but it annoys me that I have to stretch my neck to see. It's a minor thing, but still.

* Answering Machine. When I got the phone, one of the first things I did, was to try to configure the answering machine. But that cannot be done on the desk phone, it has to be done by the hand set. Since that should be charged for 7 hours before use, this is a bit inconvenient. I thought this could have been done on the phone as well. The man telling me how many messages I've missed has a very metallic voice, clearly computer generated. It's annoying, but nothing major.

* Phone bigger under the handset. This I didn't realise looking at the picture, but the phone is not square. It is a good portion larger where the receiver is compared to the rest of the phone. That means that raising the phone at a larger angle may be an issue (see display above). One really needs a "cradle" to put the phone into.

* Metallic voice/feedback in my headset. I am not sure it's the phone or the combination, but my headset (Plantronic) is in the $250-range, and this phone is no where near as expensive, which leads me to think it's the phone. Especially since the headset has been used before without this issue. But it's something only I hear, not the one I am talking with, and it's not all the time either. It could be because it gets dual feedback, my headset pick it up, and so does the receiver (it has to be lifted off the hook).



But I like this phone, and I am likely to have it for a long time to come. It does the job much better than my previous phone, and the fact that I can use my headset is a serious bonus. I would definitely recommend it for anyone in need of a phone.



Edit: I just got another handset for this phone. Pairing the handset with the phone was a cinch, there is even a button for it. Then I just pressed the menu buttons and sent my entire phone list to the new phone. I also discovered yesterday that I can even listen in on the message on the handset when someone calls and I let it go to answering machine. I really like the features of this phone. Panasonic Dect 6.0 Metallic Gray Cordless/Corded Phone with Answering Machine (KX-TG1061M)

many years ago, when I bought my first cordless landline phone, I tried many brands including GE and Panasonic. Panasonic cordless phones might be more expensive and never seem to go on sale, but I have since then decided Panasonic will be the only cordless phone I will ever buy



I bought this model because the huge keypads on the main unit, and the capability to make phone calls during power outrage (99% cordless phones won't do this#.



The call quality is super good. I tried to use the phone right next to my wireless G #2.4GHz) router and laptop, no interference either way.



The built-in menu is very intuitive. The cordless unit screen is huge, and like most cordless models, the unit does not require phone line connection.



The phone looks very elegant, might be too much for where I put it (the kitchen).



If you had a less than perfect experience with cordless phones, try Panasonic. No other brands match the Panasonic quality. Do NOT save that $20-30 and go for cheaper brands or on sale products!! Only bad phones and phones that don't sell go on sale all the time! Not a Panasonic!! - With Answering Device - Corded-cordless Combos - Panasonic Cordless Phone - Speaker Phone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information