Sunday 6 March 2011

Audio Visual Wall Mount - audio-video shelving, shelf


This was delivered in one day. Good Condition. Picture instructions easy to follow.

Wasn't a wood stud where it needed to be installed. I tried using supplied drywall anchors and screws. The plastic anchors messed up using an electric drill and screws were to large.



I had the common problem of creating a rounded out hole to big for the anchors.(stuff happens!) So,I checked my surplus hardware stash and found two metal drywall anchors with the spring loaded wing-nuts that lockup against the inside of the drywall. These are the best for any weight bearing install.



I didn't rate the shelf system 5 stars because of the supplied anchors & screws.



The shelf system was great and goodlooking. A very sturdy shelf holds the cable box and above on the next shelf is my blu-ray player. Adjusting the shelves was easy. I really liked being able to arrange all cables neatly through cableways on each side of the base and behind the shelf holders. This made a nice clean setup. Very pleased with the final results.



I experienced no instability in any of the shelves as I read in some review. This my be because of the use of the supplied anchoring hardware. Before install, go to the hardware store and get better hardware for the drywall. In my opinion, the metal wing-nut toggle bolt type are the best for load bearing shelving. AVF ES250B-T Wall Mounted AV Component Shelving System with 2 Adjustable Tempered Glass Shelves (Black)

I was looking for a cheap wall shelf unit, but I wish I would've shopped more. This unit is very visually pleasing; however, lacks stability. The drywall anchors that come with it don't work very well. I eventually made them work, but recommend getting other anchors if you have the choice. I got the anchors tight to the wall, but the shelves will sway side to side way more than I expect if bumped. The shelf looks very nice if you put it up away from contact, but I fear things may fall off them as wobbly as they are.

The main support track attaches with 2 screws right through the middle and once you get the shelves and components on them, they swing from side to side...a lot (I screwed straight into stud...not drywall using anchors). Also, I have an Onkyo reciever (a fairly heavy AV component) on the bottom shelf and the front sags down about 3 inches so its pitched forward pretty severely. I happen to have my DVR sitting on a very stable shelf below it and have cut a couple 3" spacers that I put under the 2 front corners of the shelf to prop it up. This is not ideal and if I had this free standing on a wall with nothing beneath so I could prop it up, it would be completely unacceptable. like I said, the reciever is on the heavy side but not absurdly so. I assume a lot of people considering this would want it to support their reciever (since that's a pretty major part of the system).



Also, my HD cable box/DVR made the shelf pitch forward as well and with the cable attaching at the back sticking out a little like it does, the box had to hang over the front edge (all 4 'feet' were on the shelf however). So if you have a box like this from Comcast or Charter, just be aware.



It does look great and if you plan to put it somewhere it would never get bumped and only put light components on it (PS3, DVD or Bluray player), it would probably work fine for you.

It's exactly what they promise... Simple wall mount shelf that fits cable box and media center perfectly. Also it gives you an ability to expand it with another one if needed. Until I found this item I was looking for a wooden shelf 12 inches wide and it proven to be more trouble then it was worth it. I totally recommend this item. It works, has good quality and sturdy. Also for $40 it's a steal :D

This shelf system looks really nice and is very sturdy. I installed it directly below my 46" LCD TV in my bedroom. The installation instructions are shown via pictures and not text, so if you have never put a hole in the wall to hang something up before, just be cautious. Take into consideration where the nearest electrical outlet is and also where the studs are. The shelving unit may not line up with the TV if you choose a stud due to the way the TV is mounted (typically between two studs). If you are not putting a lot of weight on it, there is nothing wrong with tapping directly into the drywall, because they provide you the necessary hardware to mount it either way. Prior to having this system, my cable receiver box was on the floor which looked terrible. Now, the receiver is on the shelf with a blu-ray player and the cables run directly below to the electrical outlet. I don't think there is a way to completely hide the cables, but it most certainly looks much better than previously. One more nice thing about this shelving unit is that it can be expanded by buying another which would yield four shelves if needed, so consider mounting the first one high enough in case expansion is ever needed.

Overall, this product looks good and functions like it was designed to. I have had it up for about a month and it is still in tact. - Home Theater Component Shelf - Shelf - Audio Visual Wall Mount - Audio-video Shelving'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information