Sunday 6 March 2011

Computer Accessories - caselogic, laptop


This is an excellent case for my HP notebook, which is slightly over 17 inches. My 'puter was securely snug, with plenty of padding, as well as overlapping velcro-fastened swaddling. There are plenty of spaces for folders, notes, CD's, power cords and all the trappings that our busy, modern-day life requires. The shoulder strap distributes the weight evenly, so even though my computer is heavy it's very easy to transport.



I'm very satisfied with this case, and I heartily recommend it. Case Logic TNC-218 18-Inch Laptop Briefcase (Black)

I recently purchased this item because of my HP HDX 18t Laptop, and although its a good product, I had to replace it with a backpack (also from caselogic). There's nothing really wrong with this case--its sturdy and is built well; my laptop fits well inside, it with a little more room to spare for accessories and stuff. But the HDX 18(as well as its accessories) is a heavy mother and it hurts my neck and shoulder if I carry it for more than ten minutes. But the backpack spreads the weight much more efficiently. So unless you have a lightweight 17" or 18" laptop with little accessories to carry around I'd say go for. It has clean lines and looks nice and "appropriate" if your wearing a business suit, but . . . you get the picture.

I purchased this case from another vendor in mid-September. The construction on mine is poor. I use it only to carry from the house to my garaged car and then into work, perhaps twice a week. After merely 2 months, the material is already pulling away from the seam on the laptop side. There is not much room for anything other than the laptop, it's power unit and cords, and a notebook mouse. The pictures on Amazon are deceiving because the laptop side does NOT open all the way; there is an expander that only allows it open about eight inches or so. So inserting or removing the laptop is a pain in the rear. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

This laptop case is very basic, but simple is usually better IMO. It fits my HP HDX18t Premium Series Notebook (18") just fine.



There were only 2 downsides. First, the side pocket doesn't really have too much room for more than a few CDs, thumb drives or thin external drive. They would have done better to put an actual pocket that could hold the power cord (with converter), travel mouse and any misc compact cords. (I guess they wanted to keep the bulk down.) The other problem is that the compartment for the computer itself doesn't open all the way. It is more like a "V" shape. I think they did this so there was less issue with the flap opening up and dumping your laptop (like a briefcase style), but it makes it a little awkward to get it in and out. Seriously, a 18" laptop takes a lot more finger strength to take out when you can't open flap all the way than a 15".



On the upside, I didn't want to pay a lot and this was the cheaper of all the cases I found that was self-contained (padded - rather than just a neoprene sleeve). I also won't be traveling too much with it, but when I do need to move it, it will be well protected. It also comes with a side strap that helps due to the weight and size of the laptop. It also has a cross panel on the back of the bag so you slide it down on a handle of a rolling suitcase and it will stay in place. That feature alone is pretty slick if you ever need it.

Recently ordered the Caselogic TNC-218. Really like the laptop case for my 18 inch laptop. Could not beat the price of $55.44 from LuggagePoint which included shipping. Got the case in less than a week. Excellent!!!

Purchased a 17.5" laptop for my 12 year daughter. Needed something that was easily accessible for a young person. Lots of pockets for gadgets and the insert inside the case holds the laptop snug. Very happy with my purchase. - Caselogic - 18 Inch Laptop Bag - Laptop Bag - Laptop'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information