Sunday 6 March 2011

Organization - brother, labeler


I got this shipment within it's estimated delivery date, and it is very easy to use and very convenient! I used this to label some of our bottles on the spice rack - the letters are very clearly printed out (with the small font, you can actually print out two lines of text), and the entire process was very simple, I didn't even need a manual to figure out how to do basic printing of labels (I don't even remember if it has a small booklet for the manual). The label itself holds well.



The device is very compact, lightweight (like a kid's toy), yet doesn't look like it's easy to break. It has a custom frame that you can change anytime you want, although I don't really care about these colorful plates as much. Vendor should've included a refill label cartridge instead. :)



I recommend this product for those who just want a basic labeling tool with preprogrammed patterns for small art projects and such. This item doesn't have too much to offer, but it works for a simple person with simple needs. I'm pretty pleased with it! Brother Personal Labeler Machine, White (PT90)

Pros: inexpensive gadget,works great, clean lines, not too big, takes 4 AAA batteries, has cool styles like shadows and bold, has cute symbos

Cons: expensive labeling refills, writing is very small, uses too much extra tape at the ends. labels very hard to unpeel unless you have long talons (nails)



I am a very organized person so I got this at Staples for $15 at staples (on sale) and so far it works great. I have been labeling like a madwoman since I got it. I have labeled all my electronics chargers, my pet food/misc. items, my tv/dvd cords, my plastic drawers, and my electronics so far and I haven't even had this labeler for a day! My biggest complaint is that the writing is a big small unless you supersize it. It was pretty easy to figure out, but I did have to skim the manual first. I wouldn't use this one for my business, but it's great around the house.

This label maker has a ton of cool functions. However, after 1 short use, it had almost used it's whole battery life. I wish there was a power cord that came with it so that the batteries wouldn't die after ever use.

Works great. Little waste and cute styles. The only thing I don't like is you have to keep the paper within reach because there are so many functions. I would buy it again in a second. Very happy =)

The PT90 is so easy to use. I literally got it out of the box, popped in the batteries and started labeling. I have orgnized every bin, drawer and cubbie in my house, garage and attic on the same set of batteries and it is still going strong. I love the special features that allow you to embelish the label with patterns, it makes a tedious job a little more fun. Happy labeling!

I bought this labeler a few weeks ago, and although I wouldn't exactly call it the most compact thing I've ever held, it functions well and has plenty of label options. Instructions were easy to understand, and I was printing my first labels within 5 minutes of unboxing it, even without really going through the instructions. I won't go into too much more detail on the functions, since they are pretty standard.



About the infamous battery warning:



Some previous reviews have commented about this machine (and other similar P-touch models) being a total battery black hole. Here's my experience:



Just ignore the Low Battery! warning and keep on printing.



I'm not even using traditional alkalines --- I have 4 AAA rechargeable NiMH batteries in there. (Sanyo Eneloop brand -- check them out! They are fantastic.) So far, I have printed at least 3 dozen labels, on and off, over the past few weeks. This includes printing 10 or so labels at a time, without turning the machine off in between and leaving it on for a few minutes between actual printing. I have to admit that it flashed Low Battery! at me after the VERY FIRST label. I just pressed a button and kept on going. It hasn't shut off on its own or refused to print a label yet. Long story short, do not be discouraged by the warning. I can't comment on performance with alkalines since I haven't tried them, but at least with NiMH, it's fine. The first set of batteries for me is still going strong. If you're truly worried about battery life, consider investing in some rechargeable batteries. Newer "precharged" NiMH type batteries are not the old rechargeables of 20-30 years ago, work well, and are ready to go even after sitting in a box, unused, for a year.



So, that's the scoop so far on the battery situation. Hope that's helpful for anyone looking to take the plunge on one of these.

This is a simple device, and I think that a simple review should suffice.



Packaging - nothing you wouldn't expect, packaged simply and shipped on time.



Power - Operates on 4 AAA. There is a lack of a power adapter with this device. However, if only using to print a few labels every so often, then the batteries will hold a charge for a long period of time.



Printing - Many more options than you will probably ever need for printing labels (also different colored label cartridges available). We labled an entire Earth Station satellite system using the simple setting of one line, basic text and numbers, and it worked flawlessly.



Price - For the price, this is a decent label printer, and I assume 95% of the people using label printers will need nothing more than this, simply type, print, cut, and stick it on. Brother is also a respected name brand (also known for printers), so do not fret if you haven't heard of anything else made by Brother. - Label Makers - Brother - Labeler - Organization'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information