Sunday 6 March 2011

Mic Stands - home studio, home recording


I, like most musicians, have owned dozens of assorted mike stands over the years. Ironically, Sampson stuff has often proved better designed and more reliable than its more expensive and prestigious competitors. These stands are hard to beat! Samson MK10 Lightweight Boom Mic Stand

I have studio in my bedroom that also serves and my workshop and my business office. The ability of this stand to fold out of the way so easily makes it perfect for my use. I generally have it up near the wall and just swing the boom over so I can record at my desk. The chord management also helps so I can leave my mic wired and stowed.

This mic stand was what I bought when I didn't know what I wanted.

I thought I needed a mic stand that stood on the floor. What I really needed was a boom mic stand that connects to a desk.

It works well for its intended purposes. It just doesn't work well for me. I have given it away to a local middle school to help record the band and choir.

Purchased this for my 9 year old daughter for her family theater performances and karaoke play time. It is sturdy, easy to assemble, and feels like a quality product. Great basic microphone stand. I think this would work well for any garage band applications as well. Perhaps a heavier base or sturdy column would be required for frequent transportation and stage performances. It is not heavy duty, but it is very sturdy.

I was alittle skeptical at first because there wasn't any reviews for this item, but I got it and can say this thing is nice and heavy and quality. It stands about 4 ft. high and then the boom part extends out to fill the rest. It folds up to less than about 1.5 foot for travel.

I wanted to give this four and a half stars, not four, however this is not a 5-star product. A 5-star product is flawless, in my opinion...perfect in every way. My only minor complaint is that the provided microphone clip does not fit my Guitar Hero mic very well...the clip wants a more narrow microphone. I managed to squeeze my mic in, but if I repeatedly remove and re-install it, the plastic may fatigue and crack. Otherwise, no complaints. The stand adjusts easily and smoothly, and can accommodate a sitting or standing position. It also folds up into a nice, compact size. For the price, this stand offers great flexibility in positioning and fits most microphones. Compared to Guitar Hero-specific accessories, this mic stand is a steal. Highly recommended over those specific stands that gouge players of video games. - Home Recording - Microphone - Mic Stands - Home Studio'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information