Sunday 6 March 2011

32 Inch - hdtv, led


Has every input/out you'll need. AMAZING video. Great profile and looks. The onboard speakers are very weak in every category. Highly recommend this tv IF you plan on using an external stereo system with it (as I do) Philips 32PFL4505D/F7 32-Inch 1080p LED LCD HDTV, Black

My husband bought me this TV for Christmas. The sound quality on the TV was terrible. See review by Alec Bentley and others. My husband complanied to Philips. They said they have fixed the sound issues plus sent us a new TV. Replacement TV sound is much better. I think as good as any of the very slim TV's. We were impressed that Philips responded to our complaint. Be aware the plastic surrounding the TV is black not dark green as it appears in all of Philips illustrations.

I'm not a techno geek. Just wanted a reasonably priced TV for our bedroom. This one seemed to have all the amenities for a much lower price than most in it's category (such as the Samsung). I read the feedback that the sound wasn't great but thought it couldn't be that bad. Well it is. It sounds like a transistor radio. The speaker faces the back and you cannot adjust for more full sound depth. It sounds like its coming from a tin can. The picture was just okay too. I thought I could add some speakers for around $50 and then be happy with it but the speakers I ordered arrived and they could not be hooked up without an amplifier so I had to return them. All I wanted is decent sound, not asking for super duper theater quality. So it went back today after I received my new Panasonic TV. What a difference. It cost much less and sound is great with a great picture too.

I purchased two of these to use as computer monitors. They are really great TV's and monitors. They were light and thin, and displayed a great picture.



I had a quirk on my computer where the display would not work DVI-HDMI so I couldn't get them to work with my computer. Apparently this has something to do with HDCP.

The phillips FAQ/Manual for this TV indicated that you need to select the "Unscaled" mode to get rid of the default 5% overscan. Except there is no unscaled more (nor 1:1 pixel, etc. mode). Phone and email support aren't able to offer any help on this (they just loop through scripts). If you intend to connect this device to any sort of Digital input, well, be sure you are comfortable with loosing 5% of the image on each side of the display (i.e. don't, buy a different product)

If you're not sitting right in front of it, forget it! Even then it is not nearly as crisp and bright as my 13 year old Panasonic 32 inch TV. This is made by Funai--hence the low price and quality. Compared to Sharps, Toshibas and Vizios I've seen it has a very poor picture. Don't be fooled by the name, price and features--you will regret this TV if you ever have to watch anything other than Blu-ray on it, or are even a bit off axis or center with the screen. BE WARNED! YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! I returned mine after two days of frustration. Don't buy any TV sight unseen--make sure you see an actual one playing real shows and DVD's before you take the plunge. It is a mistake to judge any TV only by the highest quality signal you can feed it!

We have just set the TV up. Color of the plastic surround is black but all illustrations make it look green. Sound quality is terrible. If you buy this TV add the cost of additional speakers because the inboard mounted ones are tinny with no base at all. Compared with our Sony TV the picture quality is marginal. Have express our disappointment to Philips so hopefully they will take it back.

This tv is very clear and sleak with its picure in 1080p. I understand that the sound is not to great because the speakers are in the back. For my bed room the tv sound works for me great but in a living or rec room you would want to consider external speakers.

As noted by most of the other reviewers, the audio quality is quite horrible. The speakers lack even the slightest bass and sound awfully tinny. Not a huge deal if you plan to use it with a receiver and speakers, but it's bad enough that I wouldn't recommend it if you can't afford/don't already have a good audio setup. If you're stuck using the TV with the built-in speakers, you can make it sound a little fuller by tweaking the EQ, but it only helps so much.



It seemed relatively well-priced for a 1080p TV that's LED backlit, as it was on sale for $300 when I bought it. However, it's currently going for $389 as of this review, which is a bit much. You may want to look around for a TV without the audio issues described.

*EDIT* In case you run into the problem I did, here are the screws I'd recommend getting for wall mounting. Because the screw locations are recessed on the VESA 100x200mm pattern, the screws that came with 2 mounts I had were far too short.

Get 4mm screws (diameter) by 20mm in length. Available at HD with hex head.



*COMMENTARY* I don't expect much from TV speakers in a < 2" panel ...but agreed, these are unlistenable as the set ships.



Typically I like to boost bass and treble to get a sound I like. In this case, the first thing I noticed wasn't what I'd expect. It wasn't that there was no bass ...it was that the sound was a muddy mid-bass disaster. In small speakers you can't get decent bass, so I think Philips decided to crank the bass as much as possible to try and get some to come through. This is a disaster.



What I'd recommend ...go into the audio setup area - there are a lot of tweaking options. Obviously 'to each their own' ...but give this a try as a starting point:

Disable the simulated surround mode.

Disable the volume leveling (messy on some program material).

Go into the EQ, and from left to right (low to high frequencies) set:

-8

-3

0

+3

+5



Yes, it looks ridiculous, but at least it becomes listenable. From there modify it to your taste. I have not tried a 'good' source yet, but on TV I noticed tons of variation in recording. Once I get my blu-ray hooked up I may edit these values.



Of course ideally you use external speakers, but a lot of people will use this as a 2nd TV and don't want to deal with that. Best of luck! - Led - Hdtv - 120hz - 32 Inch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


32 Inch - hdtv, led hdtv 32 Inch - hdtv, led