Tuesday 8 February 2011

Progesterone - hormones, progesterone cream


This is the first progesterone cream I have tried. I used Estroven which alleviated some symptoms, but made others worse -- Hot flashes were a little better, my hair stopped falling out, and my mood improved a lot, but my blood pressure went through the roof to 180+/120, I was bloated and gained 10+ pounds in a month, my blood sugar and cholesterol were up, I had bouts of depression and anxiety, my joints ached, and I had trouble concentrating and even more trouble sleeping. I was also tired all the time. At 46 I also had only 1 period in the past 10 months but none since taking the Estroven. So I weaned myself off of it and got the Femgest. I could tell it was working within the first 24 hours (hormones can and do work quickly. Just look how fast Insulin has to work!).



I went to the store prepared to buy another brand but this was packaged as a buy 1-get 1 free so I decided to try it instead. That day I blew my diet and had way too much fat, carbs, and sodium, from the bagel with cream cheese, a greasy 8" Italian sub, a hard taco, half bag of pork rinds, and lasagna with extra cheese, I should have woke up famished, lethargic, and bloated. I put on about 1/2 tsp. before going to bed and slept like a baby, had no night sweats, and awoke alert, calm (even though I overslept!), well rested, and 3 pounds lighter! I put on another 1/2 tsp. in the morning. Before noon I noticed my mind was clear, I wasn't tired and achy, and I didn't have any wild cravings! I felt a little warm a few times but not prickly hot like before.

I'm going to give it some more time and see if I'm taking too much or too little and see how my weight, periods, blood pressure, sugar, and cholesterol respond.



The cream is a little sticky, but absorbs quickly and has a pleasant, light, lemon scent. It reminds me of Bath & Body's lemon and verbena. The directions recommend putting the cream on the hands and feet. I tried it on other areas, but I think I'll stick to my hands and feet because of the stickiness. I hope this helps.Femgest Progesterone Cream Value Pack 4 oz (112 g)

I am totally impressed with this company. I got my cream within a week after ordering, which is great for up here in Alaska. The item, with shipping, was about $22 compared to $30 from Fred Myers. That will add up to a lot of savings, seens how this is something I use 2 times a day for 5 days month in and month out.

My hot flashes seem to be getting worse and I really don't want to go on HRT. I remember a friend of mine had used progesterone cream and swore by it so thought I would give it a try. It seems to be helping to calm the fire I deal with especially at night. I hope it will keep things in check as I continue my journey through this phase of life so at this point I am satisfied with the product. - Progesterone Cream - Hormones - Progesterone - Menopause'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information