Tuesday 8 February 2011

Disc Repair Kits - cd repair, disc repair kits


This product works fine; the problem is the way they market it. You used to be able to buy the wheels and the fluid separately. However, this package is like bundling a pack of 10 hot dogs with 8 rolls, and forcing you to buy them together, always. At least before you could buy an extra wheel or two before if you had fluid leftover; now I've accumulated tons of fluid that's just going to go to waste, because I can't buy the wheels separately any longer. A way to waste money buy putting it into the manufacturer's product for no good reason. C'mon DI; let us buy the accessories separately again!!! Digital Innovations 1051100 Accessory Kit

I agree with the first three reviewers... All I needed was the replacement disc cleaner wheel... It was truly aggravating; especially since they had been marketed separately just a short time ago... I'm going to have to rethink this -- new disc cleaner or keep getting too little product at too much cost...

I agree with the previous reviews that this product is much too expensive and that the wheels should be packaged seperately. Unfortunately, I was not able to locate a cheaper alternative that did not end up costing me more when I added in the shipping. I guess if you have Amazon Prime (as I do) then this is the best option. Since one wheel fixes up to 50 disks and the cost of replacing those disks would be so much more than the $12.99 this replacement kit costs, I guess the price is worth it.

A note to Digital Innovations... I think most buyers would expect to get 3 wheels for $9.99, not 1 for 12.99!

By the way: The fluid is not some magic ingredient either, it's water and rubbing alcohol! I lost the cloth (and therefore never use it) and my disks always work fine after repair.

I got so fed up with the cost of a new polisher, I started "repairing" the old one. I go to an automotive store or department, then buy Wet-or-Dry type sandpaper. Number 400 grit is the fastest for this purpose, but you can get a perfect shine on the disc you're repairing if you go up to number 1000 grit. Apply water-proof glue to the old wheel, you don't have to remove the old surface. I loop the whole sheet of sandpaper around the disc, tape the edges to hold it and let it dry. Then I carefully use a razor and cut away the excess sheet of sandpaper. ALTERNATIVELY, you could first cut a thin ribbon from the sheet of sandpaper and glue it, but I find my way a bit easier.

Hi, I purchased this product because I have many of my kids DVD films that we could not look at any more and was finding out a way to recovery them again and I tried this product, and you know what, after using this to clean the DVDs now I can see them again. It is just too good to be true.

In same DVDs I had to run it one, two or 3 times, but it is working and it has all ready pay off.

NOTE: This is not to use on the PlayStation DVD game. It is not for that.



Nice just too good to be true

This product has gotten me out of tight spots several times. It has restored valuable DVDs I could not re-render from original DV tapes. I ordered extra supplies and accessories for it. I highly recommend it.

It is unfortunate that you can't order the individual pieces of the kit for reduced costs but that's really the only downfall of the product. I've been using the SkipDr products for years and have saved hundreds of dollars worth of scratched CD's.

I'm a frequent Netflix user. Most of the disks are too scratchy to play freely. This disk polishing unit works awesome and is not burdened with procedural ceremony and nuances of technique. You just squirt some water on the disk, and pop it in for a round of noise. Repeat as needed.



Used this product several times a week for a year before the polishing wheel needed replacement.

I bought this for my daughter. She has not used it yet because the original parts that cam with the repair system are still doing well. Since these are identical to the originals, they should do well too. - Disc Repair Kits - Dvd Repair - Cd Repair - Skip Dr'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Disc Repair Kits - cd repair, disc repair kits dvd repair Disc Repair Kits - cd repair, disc repair kits