Tuesday 8 February 2011

Not Recommended - apple, macbook


I love apple products.. they are the next best thing as cheese singles.. but their laptop batteries get old fast.

Thankfully they still sell these batteries because my macbook has a lot of good remaining life.



PS: I got a generic battery from ebay that was half the price and the thing lasted two months... dont waste your money and go with the original battery. Apple MA566LL/A Macbook Battery 13" Black Rechargeable

The photo of the item was clearly a matte finish, but the item I received was high-gloss. Also, it was hard to get the battery to fit. It did wind up fitting but we had to push to get it in. Oddly enough, it is labeled as an apple part, but frankly, I think it is counterfeit. I can not say that I'm totally dissatisfied, because it is working, but it was definately NOT what I expected. If I were to order again, I would order from someone else - probably Apple directly (I feel like I got burned, and just don't trust this process of buying sight unseen).

I am a traveling man and when I order something and it says its arriving on a certain day at a certain time and gets delayed for a week I get disapointed! I find out later they are out of it and don't have a single one until one week later when I would get it as early as the 4 days after it would ship. This is now a total of 2 and 1/2 weeks delivery time. When I ordered it read "in stock" so it should of shipped out asap.



Then when it gets on my doorstep it doesn't function properly and it made my computer shut down every time within 10 seconds of startup. Not good. Complained, they'd replace it, 1 week later I get another one. This one works okay... if my comuter is plugged in and I'm charging it while its in "sleep", my computer shuts down if the charger wire is disconnected.



Save time and money and energy... its not worth it... just get the oem battery. I may never order from these guys again and I'm not gonna return it because I'm tired of corresponding with them and don't want to mail something back to get another shotty battery.



All in all I'm a little flustered and not happy.

I had to buy a new power cord for my macbook when it split. I figured I would buy a new battery too since that went after 2.5 years. I don't have the highest expectations for the life of this battery, but Amazon provides a great service and I got this on my doorstep, delivered as described and promptly.

great product, but had to wait over 2 weeks from time ordered to get it actually shipped out...extremely disappointed in Amazon. Waiting over 2 weeks for a product that is in stock is ridiculous. I'm very disappointed in Amazon. - Macbook - Apple - Macbook Battery - Laptop Batteries'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information