Tuesday 8 February 2011

Laptop Power Adapters - hp ac adapter, hp pavilion


Don't take it from me, take it from the 18+ customers who left reviews on HP's website on this product



[....]



almost exclusively 1 star reviews, and I didn't find this out until today when I went back to purchase my 3 replacement (so 4 in total) in the past year. Now i see that EVERYONE had the exact same problems. As the other reviewer said- the plug comes loose at the slightest tug for one thing. And if he had waited longer to review he might have noticed that the cord not being seated correctly eventually leads to the connector's seating becoming distressed to the point where the whole metal connector breaks off. After that- the adaptor is nothing but a paper weight.



I'm still looking for a quality replacement part for this, but havent found anything yet. This is only 1 of the several quality problems i've had with my HP laptop which I spent a lot of money on expecting good quality. Wont make that mistake again- I am no longer an HP customer. HP 90W Smart Pin Dongle AC Adapter (KG298AA)

I bought new item, but the seller sold / shipped used item. There was no packaing inside thr UPS box. And looking at the cord it's been used before, the wire was not even tied as usall new cord suppose to be. It was placed in the box with 2 docs from hp. It was false advertizing. Very disapointing seller.

The original adapter that came with the pc was damaged when my puppy chewed on it. When I ordered this adapter, it came with a dongal, which keeps falling out from even the slightest tug. Other than that, it works just as well, and now that my puppy is almost over his chewing, there should not be any problems.

The part I received didn't look like the picture. There is an additional connection in the wire before you reach the computer. It comes apart very easily. Also the connection with the computer doesn't seem to fit securely. At times it is in place, but not supplying power to the computer. I have noticed my screen dimming in and out of power save while I was working because the connection is so weak.

I bought this adapter to replace my original one that got severed. It serves its purpose very well. Unlike some of the other complaints I've read about the dongle being pulled out with the slightest of tugs, I have not had this problem. It plugs into my HP DV9000z laptop very snuggly. Quality product, and well worth the money savings. (Compared to buying from HP directly)

I always worry about buying something for my computer that is not from the manufactorer. However I will gave you the straight out on this product. I have a HP Pavillion dv6000. This power adapater works perfectly with my computer, no problems at all. This only thing is that the cord that plugs into your computer comes with an adapter so that it will fit into your pavillion dv6000. This adapater works fine, but it is extremely easy to fall out. If you move your computer while plugged, good possiblity unless you are careful that it will fall out. Other than that, the product works great and I am mostly satisfied.

The charger does work just as it is supposed to. It came as a genuine HP part and does charge the laptop. However the dongle, or part that plugs into the computer, just doesn't fit as well as the original charger did. With a slight move of the laptop, wire, or charger it will slide out a mm and that's enough for it to loose the connection and stop charging.



If you are on the move with your laptop and it doesn't sit on the desk for most of it's life I would recommend you look elsewhere. Otherwise it does a fine job at charging for a better than OEM price.

After the power adapter for my HP Pavillion dv2000 died, I was surprised to find that the manufacturer's replacement would cost me more than $60. I purchased this model instead, which to date has done the job superbly. It's light and portable, with three components-- the wall cord, which plugs into the power pack, which then connects to a short plug adapter. The company shipped two plugs, considering this product is compatible with a wide range of laptops--both of which worked, differing only slightly in size.



Overall, a good product for a good price, with well protected packaging and timely shipping.

I purchased this product from "First Tavas." Though I purchased and paid for a new product, it did not come in its original packaging and the (plain white) box contained none of the original package inserts. In addition, the cord itself is scratched and worn looking. Beware of this seller!

There are alot of 1 star reviews on here,however mine is a 5 star review! I had absolutely no problem with this adapter. The main concern everyone seems to have is in regards to the pin and dongle feature, however I was lucky enough not to need this feature. My computer required the larger/fatter pin. I am actually buying a second cord for back ups and emergencies. I am a little rough on my cords and typically go through several in a year , however this cord has lasted me some time, and I see absolutely no problems with it. If you need a 90W adapter with the standard pin, then this is definitely a great adapter. However I have used this charger in a computer that required the pin and can see why some were concerned, there is a tendency for the pin to bend if you are rough on the unit. However if you treat your laptop kindly or do not need the pin, this adapter is great. It is well constructed has an adequate length cord(comparing to aftermarket cords. Others may have complaints but I have nothing but positive things t say about this adapter, and I am a very picky person. Anything that can withstand my cord usage cant be that bad of a product, and anyone breaking the pin within the computer is not taking the care required when using a detachable pin. I will add the one problem I did see is the pin detaches easily when I used it in my other laptop. A great buy for anyone looking for a sturdy adapter( without the use of the pin). - Notebook Power Adapters - Hp Laptop Charger - Hp Pavilion - Hp Ac Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information