Tuesday 8 February 2011

32gb Flash Drive - 32gb, flash drive


I bought this flashdrive to replace a Sandisk 8gb one that I lost. It was an excellent deal as I only paid half as more than the cost of said 8gb. The Patriot 16gb however looks and feels cheaper. The plastic is light, thin and noticeably softer to the touch (I was actually worried it would crack in my pocket).



Another reason I bought it, is that it is capless and the USB connector slides back and forth into the drive's case. This too was a bit faulty as (unlike the sandisk) the Patriot's connector does not lock in the closed position (I thought it was broken when I first opened it) and slides in and out freely wherever it is.



I have had no problems with it and the computers I interact with and it does install and transer files faster than the old Sandisk--and other brands I've used. Overall its just a decent flashdrive with a lame casing. Patriot Signature Dash 32 GB Capless USB 2.0 Flash Drive PSF32GDUSB

Faster than most of my other sticks and very simple to use. Luv that it doesn't have a cap to lose. Others have complained about the end releasing when attempting to plugin the stick into a USB port. It's important too note that when you plug it in you are not touching the release lever or it will release, pushing on the release lever wasn't a good idea per another review (thanks to that other reviewer for finding that out). This is not the highest quality materials in the world but for a $30 16 GB memory card I have no complaints (very fast, easy, and conveinent).

So far my experience with Patriot has been a mixed bag. I bought some DDR2-800 memory that worked great but also an SSD drive that crapped out on me. Patriot's customer service has been great in troubleshooting my issue and getting my drive replaced though.



Now onto the Dash Capless USB Flash drive... I've owned several flash drives in the past, my many gripes with them are loosing the caps and having to worry about the drive being exposed. This drive is great because the tip extends and retracts. I haven't tried any benhcmarks yet but everyday Read & Write speeds small files are decent. Probably not the best of the best in terms of performance but Patriot seems does a good job in providing bang-for-the-buck value items!

I've gone through tons of USB drives ever since my first 128MB USB drive I got years ago. About 70% of the USB drives I've owned, I either lost the cap, the cap got stolen, or the dog ate the cap. I guess you can say I'm tired losing the caps and having an exposed USB drive that's constantly collecting pocket lint. Buying this Patriot Dash USB Drive has solved one of my 99 problems. I don't have to worry about losing another cap and it's a bit faster than most standard drives out there. There are similar capless drives out there but Patriot won my vote because its price is lower than most competitors at the time I bought it.

I bought this drive to hold Music on and plug into the USB port in my car. I have it filled until nothing else will fit. It has so far worked just as one would expect. It sits in the car and supplies music with out any problems. I might have liked a fster drive but for the price it works fine. Even with the drive having 1000's of songs on it it reads up the data and is ready before I back out of the drive.



Don't really have any thing bad to say. It does what is it supposed to to the point where I don't even think about it.



I did not rate it 5 stars only because I wish it was faster but without costing more.

Not the same quality and speed as the SanDisk Titaniun Cruisers, but at least it's cheap - the best deal for 32GB USB flash drives. It's not made for your keychain as there is no extension to loop to the keychain - it's only good for your pockets and purses.

It's not very fast - I was able to get up to 20 MB/s transferring large files (500MB - 10GB) into the drive (write), and a little faster out (read).

Overall, a good enough thumb drive for regular everyday uses.

Normally I'm not one to post a bad review due to a product that is DOA because I realize that stuff happens sometimes, but with something as simple as a flash drive, one that the only moving part is the retractable plug, there really shouldn't be any defects. Any problems that there might be should be caught at QA during manufacture. That said, I purchased the 32GB version, and it was DOA. Seems like the plug had a short, which again, is something that should have easily been caught during QA, but wasn't. And if somehow the short developed during transit, that doesn't speak very well of the quality of soldering, and by extension, the probable longevity of the device. Spend the extra 5 or 10 bucks and get something with a little better build.

There isn't much to say about a thumb drive. It either works or it doesn't. Well this one does and that is a big plus.



It does everything one would expect from a thumb drive and works well under windows 7 or OSX. The feature where the drive slides back into the stick it self is nice. This hides the end and eliminates the cap which lets be honest is something everyone always loses.



Patriot hit a home run on this product in my opinion. - Flash Drive - 32gb - Retractable - Usb Flash Drive'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


32gb Flash Drive - 32gb, flash drive retractable 32gb Flash Drive - 32gb, flash drive