Tuesday 8 February 2011

Cat5e Connector - networking, connector


Do you have 2 short ethernet cables? Do you need 1 longer ethernet cable? Then this is your cheap solution instead of buying another longer cable (which costs more money).



Make sure to place in a stationary location away from high traffic zones with moving parts/people for best results. Cables to Go 01937 RJ45 8-pin Modular Inline Coupler Straight-Through (Ivory)

I decided to replace the wifi connection to my family room with a hard wired ethernet connection. I thought my 75 foot cable would be long enough, but it wasn't, so I used this little thing to patch to another shorter length cable. Well, it works.

I needed to connect a spare PC to my router (wireless not available) a span of about 18 feet around the perimeter of the room. I looked at buying a new cable from MicroCenter, but the cost of $35 for a 25 foot cable seemed a bit much. SInce I already had a couple of 14 foot cables, the connector seemed to be the best cost-effective solution. The connector seems to be of good quality, and using the two cables I already had is working well. I can't notice any performance or speed issues that would be related to using two separate cables and a connector.

Allowed me to connect 2 Ethernet cables to increase length. At first I thought it did not work but I retested with 2 Ethernet cables I know are good and it worked fine. Shipped quickly, works good, tastes great. What's not to like. Seller was more then helpful when I thought it wasn't working. 5 Stars for the seller.

Just plug a cable in one end and another cable in the other end and your work is done. If you have a couple of short cables this is a simple way to make a longer cable by the use of this coupler. Works well.

I bought this product from Amazon and was well pleased with it. It is used to attach another patch cable to make your one you use currently and plug in the added lengh one to this and BOOM it gives you that extra lengh you need. Works good. Thank you Amazon for helping me. Price was right in there. Very good.



JOE BALLARD - Cat5e Connector - Connector - Networking - Ethernet Cable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information