Tuesday 8 February 2011

Compact Cordless Driver - lithium ion, milwaukee


UPDATE After just over two years of rarely using this tool, both batteries depleted themselves while not in use and will no longer take a charge. I contacted Milwaukee and told their CS guy that I purchased the driver and batteries 27 months earlier. He told me they allow an extra six months grace period,and to take the batteries to the local service center for replacement. When I called the service center, they said that the warranty starts on the manufactured date stamped on the battery, not on the purchase date (go figure that one). Here is where it gets ugly. CPO Milwaukee sells their reconditioned tools with a same as new warranty, but they shipped me one battery that was already 5 months old and another that was 11 months old, based on the date stamps. So now both batteries are older than 30 months. The local service center guy also told me that Milwaukee has had far more problems with their lithium ion batteries than any of the other brands they service, and the CS guy at Milwaukee said that they are coming out with a new and improved M12 battery in January. So it sounds like they know they have a problem. One more thing - I checked at work and there is now a large collection of defective M12 batteries there.



The driver is still a great tool, but unless they improve the batteries, which are $30 each on Amazon, it's not a bargain. If you want one, you might want to consider waiting for the new batteries to come out next month - then buy a new one rather than refurbished and hope for the best.

--------------------------------------------------------



I bought this driver after looking at many different products and after reading reviews of several other brands. It has performed above my expectations. Long battery life and doesn't drain down much when not in use. Light and very powerful for a 12 volt driver. I really like the one-hand insert/release chuck and the battery monitor lights. I found out after I bought it that the company I work for has been using these on the production line with very good results.



Only issue that kept me from giving it five stars is the location of the forward/reverse switch, which I sometimes move inadvertently when using the trigger.



Delivery was very fast, and the reconditioned driver looks and performs the same as a new one. Factory-Reconditioned Milwaukee 2401-82 12-Volt Lithium Ion Sub-Compact Driver

WOrks great !! Great value for price so far. Use it for hobby (R/C Cars) The low torque setting is nice. The battery Charging system seems to have a mind of its own and dont want to charge sometimes and I still need to get ahold of support to resolve this issue, great tool otherwise.

Upon receiving the drill(2 days early)I was surprised. I expected the low price of the drill to be reflected in the purchase lacking accessories, extra batteries or certainly to show wear and tear. I couldn't believe the near perfect condition the drill came in. I cant tell it has been factory reconditioned at all. In addition to coming 2 days early,it came in a storage case with Velcro strap fittings for the drill, the charger and a spare battery. The charger was new as was both batteries. They included all the product literature in a zipper compartment located on the inside top lid of the the mini-case..They provided a magnetic Philips tip as a bonus I assume. The trigger light works. The electric chuck works and the drill packs plenty of power. It is designed perfect for my trade as H.V.A.C tradesman need to sometimes pull panels in awkward situations and positions....Great Deal and Great Company meeting and exceeding my admittedly low expectations of a factory recondition..Good Job and Thank You....

I haven't used my 14.4V DeWalt drill since getting this thing. Very ergonomic, has plenty of torque, pleasure to use. Just finished installing floor underlayment in the kitchen (~400 1 1/4" screws). Have two LEDs "left" in second battery. The case is very nice. I carry drill chuck adapter and drill bits set there (charger with spare battery is on the bench), covers 99% of house needs (mostly predrilling screw holes).

For the money this unit is fantastic. With two LI batteries included, and the 325lb.torque is is truely a mighty mite!



As is is factory reconditioned, I'm hoping it holds up

and can continue to be a great tool. The fast recharge

batteries are also a bonus.



The only complaint is the removal of the battery pac. It

takes much force or a certain technique.



Al Jacobsen, Casa Grande, AZ

It will not replace a large and powerful 18V Drill/Driver but I like this tool very much. It's light and easy to control with good driving power. Batteries don't last long if you work it really hard but it came with two so it's mostly a non-issue as they charge quickly. If your putting in 500 3 inch screws every day you'll want a back-up driver or several more batteries and chargers. Other than that, you won't regret this purchase.

This is our household unit but it would be great for an electrician, plumber, technician or assembly person.

It was an irresistable buy as a recon tool but I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new one now that I know how good it is. - M12 - Lithium Ion - Milwaukee'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Compact Cordless Driver - lithium ion, milwaukee milwaukee Compact Cordless Driver - lithium ion, milwaukee