Monday 28 February 2011

Home Workout - home workout, free weights


If you're looking for some lightweight, fixed dumbbells, these should work just fine. The neoprene handles make them comfortable to grip- as opposed to those that are bare metal (some of those metal ones with "hatch marks" on the grip are downright painful). Also, these dumbbells won't be falling apart anytime soon. The worst that will happen to them over the long run, is that the covering will start to wear down- however you'll still be able to use them for your exercises despite that. In other words, a pair of these are going to last you awhile. One tip though, when they do start to wear down, most of the time its on an edge. Therefore, always placing them on a soft a surface as possible will be easier on the neoprene and make the covering last longer. Metal dumbbell racks can take their toll that way.



The only downside to buying dumbbells such as these is that the weight is set. In other words, for any given exercise, you'll only be able to get "5 pounds strong". For example, if you can lift a 5-pound dumbbell 10 times, and you continue to lift it 10 times, week after week, you'll never get any stronger. That's because the human body is efficient, and your muscles say, "If I can already lift 5-pounds, and that's all they ever want me to lift, then I don't have any reason to get bigger or stronger so I'm going to stay just the way I am."



Therefore, if you can use a 5-pound dumbbell quite easily with your exercises, and you want to get stronger, you're going to have to add a pound or two. And then, you're going to have to go out and buy another dumbbell, say a 6 or 7 pound one, in order to progress and get stronger. And that was my point- fixed dumbbells are set, so a disadvantage is that if you want to continue to get stronger you'll have to go out and buy more dumbbells. Tip: if you think you're going to need more weight in the furture, look into buying a pair of ADJUSTABLE dumbbells instead. Just a thought.



All-in-all a good product, and I highly recommend them if you're in the market for a pair of fixed dumbbells, especially good if you're doing rehab exercises, like for your rotator cuff. People with tendonitis might also be interested in Treat Your Own Tennis Elbow. Valeo HW5 5-Pound Neoprene Hand Weights

I like the color and size of these weights, and of course they seem to be pretty accurate in weight, but they are really uncomfortable to hold! It is not a smooth surface that you'll be holding onto - there is a large seam line on the weights, and you can see what looks like screws poking out.

I use these a lot. 3lbs doesn't sound like a lot of weight but trust me it is. I wanted to buy the 5lb ones but my husband convinced me otherwise. Good thing he did. Of course if you are use to weight lifting these may be too light.

These weights have a nice feel to them (more comfortable than vinyl, for the same price), but like the above reviewer said, they only work if you use them. 5-lb weights are very suitable for beginners to purchase. It may be heavy at first, but as you get stronger, 3-lbs will get too light. 5-lbs will also get the toning done, without bulking you up.

I bought these so that I could use them during my power-walking. I really love them, they are just the right weight to walk with and still gives you the burn of a weight-lifting session. They have a great no-slip grip.

These weights were exactly what I was expecting - 3 pounds and purple. :-) I was concerned by other reviewers' comments that they might be uncomfortable and have things "poking out," but mine don't have any problems like that. There is a seam, naturally, but it doesn't hurt my hands at all. I bought these to replace some 2 lb weights that had foam lining that my dog chewed off. She can't chew the neoprene off these!



One small con keeping me from giving it 5 stars: I found them cheaper at Target. As an Amazon Prime shopper, it almost never works out that I find something cheaper in town since Amazon usually has great prices and I get free shipping, but Target had a selection of weights that were a couple of dollars cheaper and seemed just as good.

I bought these weights to help me with my veins. I have really deep veins and it's very hard when I have to do test for the nurses to find a vein. Someone recommended to me to get some weights and work my arms a few times a week and it would help with my veins. I think these weights are perfect for what I do. There not to heavy and they get the job done. I've been told by the nurses that my veins seem to be improving. I love the neoprene one them, it really helps to grip when I'm working out. I also like that fact that there's a little knot on each side of the weight so if you place them down they won't continue rolling. I love these weighs and would recommend them to anyone who has trouble with there veins or just want a little something to workout with. - Dumbbells - Free Weights - Home Workout - Weights'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Home Workout - home workout, free weights weights Home Workout - home workout, free weights