Monday 28 February 2011

Bio-identical Hormones - libido, menopause


I have a luteal phase defect...anyway, without boring you to death, it is a shortage of progesterone that was a big deal when I was trying to have a baby and is apparently a big deal again now that I am getting older. So I bought this thinking, what the he**? Well, it worked for all of the stuff I was having issues with (irregular timing issues, major cramping, other stuff) But after the first day, I woke up with an extremely erotic dream. I thought--whoa, ok--and went on about my day. I never thought it might be the cream, I just figured it was a full moon or some other nonsense. I am trying to be subtle, but explaining this is difficult. Let me just say that my mind started wandering A LOT and I became a little more flirtatious and mid winter felt like spring.



I couldn't figure out what was going on because I didn't really consider that potential side effect from the cream. I thought that lowered drive was a lack of testosterone (not a medical professional, obviously). I was just trying to equalize and get back some sense of normalcy. But I did some research and found a LOT of info on the role of progesterone in libido:



"Natural Progesterone is normally produced by the female ovaries right after ovulation and balances the side effects of otherwise unopposed estrogen.



Under the influences of dietary estrogens, petrochemicals, stress, and menopause, Progesterone production ceases or is suppressed and the effects of Estrogen Dominance, can be observed.



Most women experience Loss of Libido, mood swings, irritability, anger, depression, headaches and weight gain from the lack of Progesterone that is required for proper thyroid function."



So ladies--if you are suffering from a lack of interest, this stuff--well it isn't just a rumor--it works. I had to back down on how much I used because someone might have gotten hurt. Natural Radiance should really be called Natural Randiness.



GOOD LUCK. Be careful.Progesterone (Bioidentical) 2 % Creme 2 oz. Jar - Unscented & Paraben-Free

I've used this particular creme for 2 months and it performs as well as a creme I'd used that cost more than twice as much which is a real plus. It is bio-identical and has a creamy consistency which measures up to a much higher priced creme. I hope that I will be able to find it when I'm ready to re-order. I give this product 5 stars.

Jingram8

This is the best creme available.After Years of experience of selling and using various Progesterone Creme's since the 90's I would recommend Natural Radiance 2% Progesterone Cream above all else. I have even used prescription compound progesterone cream for a few years and it was not a good experience.I quite that and have returned to using Natural Radiance 2% progesterone cream again. Ahhhhh ! Thank you Natural Radiance Lab. for continuing the production and provision of the 2% Creme. Sincerely, GG

I've only used it a few days but not sure if it works for me. I thought I was low-progesterone/estrogen-dominant but maybe not. Seems like I have trouble staying asleep since using this product and the night sweats have not abated. I have gone off of it for a week or two to determine if my sleep pattern returns to normal. If it does, I'll try again to see what happens. I will agree with one reviewer that it gives a boost to the libido, ha ha. I've noticed a heightened 'amorous' feeling the few days I've used this - was not expecting this side effect at all! - Libido - Progesterone Cream - Feminine Hygiene - Menopause'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information