Monday 20 December 2010

Remote Control - remote control, ipod


What job? To get rid of those awful and poor sound Apple factory headphones and to control either your iPod shuffle (latest version) or the iPod touch.



I just used them on a 5 hour flight, they were great since I could use my noise cancelling headphones.



The adapter looks well made, nice color (black), but the only thing that I did not rate it 5 stars is because you may get confused when turning up or down the volume with the center click, so you may get "pausing" your music instead of changing the volume. An another thing, since they're black, you will have a little of a hard time guessing if you're going to push the up or down volume button.



But I love this adapter for sure. iLuv iEA15BLK iPod Remote with Third-party Headphones Adapter for VoiceOver (Black)

Great idea, but flawed design. The insulation on the cable closest to the input plug cracked in less that a couple of weeks exposing the copper and rendering the device useless. This part of the adapter tends to bend frequently and there is not sufficient insulation on the cable to prevent cracking. I can not recommend this device with its current design.

Sadly, Amazon does not allow 0 star reviews.

Just received this adapter and it's DOA.

No matter what I tried, I couldn't get sound through any headphones I connected.

I read all those reviews about the crappy manufacturing, and chose to ignore them. "Hey, it's just a cable", I thought.

Wrong. This cable looks like it cost 3 cents to put together and you get what you pay for.

Will get my money back from Amazon, but will have to use the standard Apple headphones ("crappy" seems to be the theme for this post) for my upcoming trip.

Stay away.

I read a lot of reviews about this product before I bought it. I thought I'd try it anyway. It works just fine. Like all electronics it needs to be handled carefully.



The problem is Apple's stupid headphones and control design, This at least give you the freedom to use other headsets, plug it into speakers or your car radio and still control the playlists and volume.



I paid $15.00 for it, I see Amazon now is selling it 1/2 price. If your looking for a fix to Apple's dumbest product idea of the century, this is it.

The design of this product is great.



However, the volume buttons on my remote stopped working after less than two weeks. There was no rough handling at all. The remote stayed connected to my iPod which stayed in my car the entire time.

And this P.O.S. couldn't deliver. Took it out of the box, plugged it in and... nothing. Didn't work whatsoever. I read the reviews before I purchased it and knew some people had issues, but didn't think it could be THAT bad. Well, false. Take heed: this product will either NOT last or NOT work from the start.

I bought this item because the headphone controller on the last iLuv product (in black) wore out in less than six months. It was a necessity to control my iPod nano, and was relatively inexpensive, but expect to replace this unit every six months or so after heavy use.



Bottom line: This unit gets the job done, but isn't very durable.

This iPod remote is a good idea: a control for your iPod touch that frees one from the awful earbuds that are included with the iPod. The design is actually quite good: it has a center button that controls the playing, advances, and backs up a track. Flanking it are volume up and down buttons. It is very easy to use by touch, and I have very big fingers and hands.

The problem is that the build quality is awful. I had it for less than a week and the plug broke. Not bent, not chipped, broke. As in snapped off. I don't treat my toys badly: I stuck the iPod in a large cargo pocket on my pants, all by itself, and that's it.

At least it was cheap.

I give two stars because for the 6 days it worked, it was terrific.

I'm in the U.K. and can't readily get hold of this item, so I purchased 3 of these from another source in the U.S.A. and to me they were a bargain.



Tested all 3 sets straight after delivery and they all work spot-on with my 64Gb Ipod Touch



The cable is short but long enough for sitting in a shirt pocket or at the side of the bed and controlling the Ipod, which is all I really wanted it to do.



Had read somewhere that the unit has a microphone and could therefore be used in conjunction with the Voice Command functionality of the 3G Ipod Touch. It doesn't appear to have a microphone but controls everything else as expected.



Agreed, manufacturing quality isn't fantastic but i'm not complaining as I think they'll stand up to daily use fairly well.



Would Recommend. - Ipod Shuffle - Remote - Ipod - Remote Control'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information