Monday 20 December 2010

Kitchen Sink Faucets - kitchen sink faucets, pull down faucets


I have been looking to replace my poor performing faucet for some time. Over the holiday break, I took my wife to Lowes to see what she liked. This Delta 19922-SSSD was $258 and we both liked the styling and the features. We thought the side mounted handle was odd but seems to be common these days. I check Amazon and was surprised at how much cheaper it was. It arrived in 2 days with Prime and I installed this weekend. The old clunker took 30 minutes to remove because of the number of pipes going through a single mounting nut. The new one has a mounting bracket that doesn't have to go around the pipes so it look less than 10 minutes to install. Great design. The instructions make everything seem more complicated because it is for numerous models and languages. My family is quite happy with the look and function. I would certainly recommend Delta Ashton 19922-SSSD-DST Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet with Soap Dispenser, Stainless

Great overall faucet! It replaced a cheaper off-brand faucet that was wearing out after only two years. I figured this time I wouldn't skimp out and actually buy a higher quality, brand-name faucet. Did some shopping in a local hardware store to find this one was upwards $250, while Amazon had it for $190 + Free Shipping. Worked for me!



PROS:

- Magnet for center hose keeps things in snugly place... simple, yet brilliant.

- Install was easy. (I would disregard the very frustrated reviewer below as it seemed more like he/she did not really know what they were doing. Fair enough, but don't knock the product when it is operator error. Took you over ten times to feed the center hose...... really.....???)

- Good spray settings with even spray.

- Handle gives good feedback and accurate water temperature positioning.

- Plastic pipes make for better tasting water -vs- metal.

- Delta brand quality + lifetime warranty!



CONS:

- As others have stated, the plastic pipes are not very flexible which can be nerve racking that you don't damage them during install if needing to loop. Just be careful and you'll be fine.

- Plastic soap dispenser. While it matches the faucet well and isn't too cheap feeling, the idea of it being plastic just makes me shrug.



All in all, a great faucet that doesn't cost $400+. At this price point you can't have everything, but this faucet gives more than enough for the average homeowner. I only give four stars as I do feel the stiff plastic pipes could pose a problem for some installers that don't have much plumbing experience... and knowing a little about plumbing I know it could be done slightly different from a manufacturing standpoint with very little difference in cost to the consumer. As with most DIY projects, just be careful and take your time during the install and you'll be fine.

This faucet is awesome. It's much taller than most faucets giving you extra clearance to wash larger pots and pans without the struggle. Highly recommend this faucet. It's a little pricier than I was looking for but I'm very happy with the purchase. It was a very simple install. The most important part of this faucet is that my wife loves it. That, in and of itself, is worth it's weight in gold for me.

I saw this product in my local "big box" home store and was able to save $60 buying it from Amazon. EXACTLY the same product. It went in easily and works perfectly. It was more difficult removing the old faucet. I would have preferred the soap dispenser be stainless too, but that was not the case with this one and most others I saw.

The good

Very easy to install

Great looks. works superbly



The bad (reasons for 4 stars)

Humongous single page instructions covering a bunch of different faucets

Plastic clip holds sprayer hose together? color me suspicious on this.

Plastic(PEX) hot and cold feed lines that are very stiff. Also be very careful not to over tighten.

my industrial experience with PEX compression fittings is very bad.

HINT;

If you loop the feed lines zip tie them together as they tend to interfere with sprayer operation.

We just received the faucet - I was planning on installing it, only to find that it needs a $12 part (rp37490), which they point out that you need for any stainless steel sink installation, and you can call to order, but it takes even MORE time to receive. Just setting it up over the hole, we observed:



Some observations:

* Beautiful finish / design (it really elevated the kitchen)

* Solid feeling handle / smooth movements

* Nice height (easy to get our pots under)



I will see how long it takes to get the missing part. I would give the faucet a 5 star, based on the weight and quality of the materials, but only 4 due to the oversight of not including a needed part in the box.

Beautiful and well-designed faucet with forward-looking features. The faucet is a modern arched faucet, like many of the designer models today, but it isn't quite as abrupt a curve as some I've seen, which actually makes it more functional. The pull-out portion doesn't go straight down, but instead slightly out, which makes sense if you're trying to reach corners of your sink. The design is also more fluid, in my opinion, than some of the bulkier designs that have somewhat abrupt angles and prominent spray heads, like the Delta Leland 9178-SS-DST Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet, Stainless, which I also considered. The faucet has a standard flow of 1.5 gallons per minutes, which is technically considered water-saving, but has an override button to provide the more-standard 2gpm. It also has a button for spray, which stays on even after you've shut the water off, in case that's your preferred flow type. Another nice feature of this spray head is that it magnetically attaches, which allows for easy remounting, but also means you can tip it slightly without fully removing the head, again allowing for reaching the corners of your sink easily. The entire faucet also pivots left to right effortlessly, which is great in my case, although if you have a pet or child nearby, they might easily knock it off center while it's running.



I was a little concerned that the faucet would be too massive for my sink, which faces into my living room, rather than being up against a wall. I think it is a bit big, and could probably stand to be scaled down to about 7/8 the size, but this larger style seems to be the trend these days.



As for installation, I handled this myself, with the help of a friend. The trickiest part was taking out the old faucet, which had a different attachment method. Also, because the water lines on this Delta model are fairly stiff, it took a bit of finesse under the cabinet to get them around the faucet's own mounting bracket and then onto the shut-off valves. This faucet is designed to function without additional leads from the valves, which eliminates an additional part, a pro in my book (and apparently uncommon among today's faucets for some reason). The only problem I had is that the mounting bracket does not pull on the faucet straight down, but slightly to the side, since the water lines are in the middle. This caused my faucet to lean slightly, meaning it's not entirely flush with the countertop. I removed it and installed it a second time, thinking it was user-error, but I just couldn't get it to tighten down completely straight.



I should also note that the pullout water line that loops under your cabinet can easily get caught on the shut-off valves, so I had to tie it off to one side. A minor, easy to fix issue. One last item might be the instructions, which were a bit confusing because they cover multiple models and multiple configurations. I missed the first step because it looked like it only applied to using the 3-hole mount, but in fact it applied to the single-hole configuration as well.



One last thing - Amazon's price is fantastic on this model. Easily $50 less than the local stores. - Kitchen Sink Faucets - Pull Down Faucets - Kitchen Faucet'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Kitchen Sink Faucets - kitchen sink faucets, pull down faucets kitchen faucet Kitchen Sink Faucets - kitchen sink faucets, pull down faucets