Monday 20 December 2010

Indoor Grill - barbecue, grill


My mother gave me one of these grills a number of years ago. I loved it AT FIRST but, as other reviewers have noted, the finish came off of it very quickly (no matter how gently I treated it) and the food started to stick. Also, if you don't pay close attention, the water will cook out and the grill will smoke. One more thing: the 'mound' shape of it makes putting food onto or removing it from the grill almost impossible without using tongs.

This is a cheap copy of the real thing the "Grill It" stove top grill. The grill plate insert on this cheaper version is much thinner and the finish is not really non stick. Spend a little extra and get the better one.

Very bad product. The grill (and the food) smelled as the painting burned out. The coating dissapeared after first use!!



In the past we had already used similar products and they were made of durable metal, I guess with real teflon. But now, . . . It is very disappointing, even more because I ordered two of the same.

I have this grille and have used it many, many times. You can cook fish, steak, chicken and other things on it. It's quick and keeps the food moist, which is the best feature. I love it because I eat lots of salads and when you are making salads you don't want to be spending time cooking the meat. The secret is in leaving the meat on longer than you would and turning it over just once...not fussing and fussing over it. Other reviewers have commented on the weakness of the finish and I agree, it does come off rather easily, but using PAM or other non stick stuff makes that not a problem. If you don't use it, however, clean up is difficult. Other than that, I've never let the liquid boil off and anyway, you can pour a beer on it while it's cooking and it will not only add flavor to the meat but it spills into the ring and then you don't boil off all the liquid. I love the thing and use it alot. I've even given it as a gift. It's a decent product and works well for the money.

The Chefmaster Smokeless Stove Top Barbeque Grill is ok. It's not as great as I expected it to be, I've only used it once and my chicken stuck to it. I was assuming it was non stick, considering there was no booklet provided with cooking instructions or recipe ideas or anything. I guess the only positive so far is it will keep me from grilling outside for the winter.

My oven is quite old and the burners are kind of crooked. I tried using this to cook fish and was very unsure how to use it. The product came with very little instructions. The water was quick to evaporate so i was constantly refilling the basin. The grill is not very stable either... even with the slight crooked-ness of my oven... it slid around alot on the stove top, making removing the fish quite difficult. I cooked maybe 4 tiny pieces of fish on it then decided it was 1. taking too long and 2. too difficult to work with... so i ended up ditching the idea for that night and used the oven.



I havent used it again since, but thats only because i have not had enough time to mess with it. - Grill Pan - Grill - Cookware - Money Waster - Barbecue - Grill Pans'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information