Monday 20 December 2010

40 Inch - samsung lcd, 40 inch


i actually received this set as from Samsung as a replacement for a 37 inch model that they no longer make. unfortunately, this television has also been plagued with problems. let me preface this by saying as far as picture quality and overall appearance go, this is a fantastic set. however, there are 3 fatal flaws that are causing me to return it.



1) audio clipping issues: regardless of the audio source, the television exhibits audio clipping and dropouts where the sound will temporarily disappear. this causes a very quick, but incredibly annoying, loss in audio. this occurs regardless of input source.



2) auto-dimming issues: the set features special settings to automatically adjust the brightness levels to conserve energy and optimize the the tv for low-light settings. however, even after turning off all of these options, the tv still auto-dims. obviously, this degrades from the experience.



3) poor DLNA codec support: one of the most exciting features for me about this set is that it is compatible with DLNA home media servers. i was hoping to be able to stream my content to this set. however, the television has very poor codec support. it cannot play many common file formats and codecs. even after transcoding the files, the set often fails to play them. in addition, the set doesn't support fast-forward or rewind on streaming media, which makes watching a movie very difficult.



i really wanted to like this set, and was excited to receive it, but unfortunately, i think this will be the last Samsung TV i ever own. Samsung LN40C550 40-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LCD HDTV (Black)

Great tv! Looks very attractive, not too big, and blends well. Does not reflect very much light, and I am in a very bright room. Everything about this device is great. Only quams I have are, this model does not stream netflix, but that can be remidied with a new samsung blu ray(they stream netflix and start around $168). Great part about that is when you connect other samsung devices, they communicate together and have additional functionality. Thats a smart design. Only other problem is the upcoversion and the motion tracking could be better. But we are talking 60 hz so this is pretty good. I picked mine up for $600, and at that price, I would say it's the best and sexiest your gonna get.

I got a great deal on this through Amazon, and am very pleased with this tv compared to the only other LCD I've owned, a smaller (26in) BB store brand. The Samsung HDTV is one of the most attractive flatscreens I've seen, with a sleek look and a useful swivel based. It's the first tv I've ever owned where I don't feel the need to keep it hidden away in a cabinet, it looks so good. I didn't really notice the "touch of red" until I moved the tv to a brighter room (where I've had no problems with glare or light reflecting on the tv), and it's a subtle touch that makes the tv stand out from others. Picture quality has been great for watching cable and dvds. I don't game, so can't comment on that. While I haven't noticed the audio clipping from all sources that another reviewer mentioned, the sound is a bit tinny for music videos. However, I would imagine that someone really into music would want to hook this up to a sound bar at the least. I may look into one myself. Other than that, I am pleased and expect to enjoy the tv for many years to come. If I'd had more money, or hadn't gotten the great deal on this model, I might have upgraded to the 120 Hz, but so far the 60 Hz has worked fine for me.

I purchased this 40" TV when Amazon offered the free TiVo Premiere TiVo TCD746320 Premiere DVR (Black) along with purchase. This is my first flat screen TV and it is a good starter for the price. I chose an LCD because it tends to be more economical than a plasma. Plasmas offer better color but tend to use more energy and are more costly. I wasn't looking to create a fantastic new home theater system; just something that will allow me to enjoy everyday TV and the occasional movie. The flat screen also opens up my small living room significantly. My previous tube TV was ginormous in comparison.



The delivery company, CEVA, came in within the time frame designated and helped set-up the TV on the swivel stand. They do not check to see if an image comes on the screen, even though they ask you to initial the line that states an image appeared on the TV. Whatever, I don't expect the delivery guys to be technicians. Just keep this in mind.



Fortunately, with some exchanging of wires, I was able to set up the TV and receive a signal and picture. I do not have cable, so I hooked the TV up to an antenna. The picture quality is great on the HD channels and sufficient on the non-HD ones. It really is a sleek and nice looking TV. Even when turned off, it's a nice piece of equipment.



I was concerned with the 60 Hz because I had read that the minimum an LCD TV should have is 120 Hz minimum. And while my friends and I are no LCD television experts, we really don't notice a difference between our TV's based on this refresh rate.



The sound quality is what's bringing the review to 4 stars. Even for my small space, the sound just wasn't good enough. You don't need expensive speakers, but it's definitely worth hooking it up to another audio output.

The package was in great condition when it had arrived and we received it within 2 days of placing the order. After doing a great deal of research on TV's we ended up landing on this product and the LCD Samsung LN40C550 (60hz) was everything what it has prophesized to be and was a great bargain for $600. I am extremely happy to have purchased this product. These are the features that i really loved about this TV,

1. It is a 1080p full HD tv, has great quality and crisp clarity in the picture,

2. Has a swivel in its base,

3. Most of all we can a connect a hard drive directly to the tv and view the contents like music, photos and videos without using a laptop,

4. we could also connect a PC to the tv without any cables by using a PC share manager,

5. Has Wi-Fi ready which is convenient, when we have a whim of watching any video online!

6. Great contrast ratio which gives us beautiful color scheme,

7. Does not have the lag in the video especially during those fast paced sequence scenes (though it has 60 hz response rate),

8. and of course, Looks gorgeous!!!

9. the surround sound is good and is perfect for apartments. - 1080p - Samsung Lcd - 40 Inch - Dlna'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


40 Inch - samsung lcd, 40 inch samsung lcd 40 Inch - samsung lcd, 40 inch