Tuesday 14 December 2010

Organic Food - food, electrolytes


Zico's taste is the best of all the pre-packaged young coconut water I've tried. Nothing beats fresh young coconut water straight out of the coconut, but this comes close to the flavor. Don't waste your time on canned coconunt water - it's awful IMO. Zico has a lower sugar content than the other brands I've sampled (14gms/serving vs. 20gms/seving). It is isotonic, high in potassium and rich in electrolytes. You can practically live on it! If you have an upset stomach, it settles it immediately. I have an aunt who was hospitalized and unable to eat. Her potassium levels were very low. She was able to drink this and keep it down. It helped improve her postassium levels and settled her nausea. A friend of my 9 yrs. old son's had a "tummy" ache while we were at the state fair. I happened to have a Zico in my purse and gave it to him. He loved it. His stomach ache ceased and we were able to enjoy our time at the fair.



I just tried this flavor. Clear and cold with just a trace of flavoring and not too sweet - adult taste, not a kiddie juice drink. There is no strong coconut flavor or aroma.



Zico makes a great novelty mixer (vodka & bourbon too) but seems a bit pricey for daily use.

Excellent. One of the few food items I've found on here that I think I'll buy again. Remember that it's best chilled/ice cold, if you're ever gonna sample it. Not so good when not so cold, great when actually cold. Very refreshing feel either way, though, after you've had a drink.

A friend recently introduced me to coconut water and it was a hard sell - In general, I don't like coconut at all. While I was skeptical, I agreed to at least give it a try. I first tried O.N.E. Coconut Water, 11-Ounce Aseptic Containers (Pack of 12) and found that it was pretty okay, if I drank it over ice.



Then I started reading more about the hydrating benefits of coconut water as well as the similarity to components in breast milk. Being pregnant just this moment, I decided any boost to my eventual milk production would be welcome. So I tried this product and liked the flavor MUCH better than plain coconut water. I highly recommend it to anyone as a healthful beverage and particularly to those women who are, like me, "in the family way."

It's great to have an energy beverage that is truly healthy and free of unnecessary additives. It replenishes the body better and faster than water. After working out, I head straight for the Zico in my refrigerator!

The first time I tried this coconut water I thought it was kind of bland. It is not super sweet and the flavor is subtle. However, after a workout one day I tried it and it was wonderfully refreshing! It quenches your thirst like cool water, and the extra boost of electrolytes brings your strength back.

Crisp when chilled and refreshing without synthetic flavorings or added sucrose, Zico is the packaged beverage my yard men prefer. The smart-paper carton packaging created less bulk waste than canned drinks, and nature's own engineering packs this fruit punch with five electrolytes, the most overtly critical of which is potassium. I didn't think I would like this product but bought it because I cannot quite manage the full-time taste for spring water and herbal tea my yoga regime suggests. VERY helpful for those weaning themselves off alcohol and conventional mystery soda-pop.

This product tastes fine. HOWEVER, at $2.00 per box, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY too expunsive....$1.00, maybe $1.25 tops. ZICO, VOULME, VOLUME, VOLUME! I bought these cheap from AMAZON over BLACK FRIDAY. AMAZON, sell these at my prices above and I will order these from you on a subscription basis. But not at $2.00.

My kids enjoy drinking this, and the passion fruit flavor is a refreshing change to plain coconut water. I give my children coconut water instead of fruit juices because it is so much more nutritious, and we also drink it as a rehydrant when we are ill instead of Gatorade or Pedialyte. We have tried Zico, VitaCoco, and O.N.E. coconut water. Zico is my favorite in terms of flavor diversity, and O.N.E. is my favorite in terms of packaging because each drinking box includes a small extendable straw to poke through the foil and use like a juice box- a VERY NICE non-spill feature for kids.

Not sure if I would buy this again- Didn't really enjoy the taste but its good for you, and made my body feel good after a workout- Must have chilled, horrible room temp- It was ok for coconut water I suppose, interested in trying other brands :) - Electrolytes - Food - Natural - Organic - Health - Gd Food'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information