Tuesday 14 December 2010

International - converter, voltage converter


Works well with my hair dryer and cell phone charger. It's very light weight and convenient during travels. Make sure to set the converter to proper setting before use, use HI setting only for resistive items such as hair dryers (without electronics/chips circuits) and LOW setting is for electronics under 50W such as cell phone chargers, ipod, shavers etc. Another thing to remember is to check the plug on this converter if its compatible with sockets in the country you are traveling to. The plug on this converter is used in Europe and Asia but its not compatible with recessed outlets in Germany and France so purchase small adapter plug which are also available on Amazon. 1875 WATTS TRAVEL VOLTAGE CONVERTER FOR USING 110V USA PRODUCTS IN 220V/240V COUNTRIES. GREAT FOR TRAVELLING.

The outlets in Madrid, Spain are recessed (they look like you could fit a Reese's Cup in them, and then two holes are in the middle) so this item was useless on my trip. Make sure you know what kind of outlets the country / province / city / area has before you set out on your journey.

So I arrive in South Korea with this adapter. So I can have electricty. So I can use awesome stuff.



Sadly I CANNOT USE AWESOME STUFF BECAUSE THIS THING HAS TO FIT INTO A RECESSED PLUG. This thing is supposed to work in Asian countries. I'm in an Asian country. This thing does not work.



Granted I could have done a greater level of research, but why not include the plug extension and sell this item for a dollar more?



Sadly I have to give this thing a one star review because in it's current state and in my current Asian country, it is unusable.

unable to use this item in Europe as the outlets were recessed in the wall and plug pins were unable to reach the outlet without an adapter.If I new this before I would have purchased an adapter to fit into the recess

I purchased 2 of these converters for a recent trip to South Africa.

They are not capable of use for electronics (notebooks, iPod, Kindle,

camera batteries), so I didn't bother to take them with me. I found

another power converter after more research on the internet- whick was

terrific. I also found one at Kmart, by sheer accident- but I didn't need

to use that converter. My notebook requires a grounded outlet (3 prong), and

the Kmart converter only had a 2 prong outlet- but the other converter I found

on the internet had a 3 prong....so I used it everywhere. However, every airport

security check needed to take it out and examine it. - Travel Adapter - Voltage Converter - Converter - International'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information