Tuesday 14 December 2010

High Quality - 1080p, 40 inch


I got it at a great price under $500. The picture quality is as good as units costing a lot more. It doesn't have 120hz refresh rate or LED backlight at this price point but I don't play a lot of video games; therefore, high refresh rate isn't a must and the advantanges of LED is not that significant enough (100,000 hrs. LED life-span vs. 15,000 hrs. for fluorescent light source) to justify higher cost. It is well-built and looks stylish. Full 1080p HD resolution - awesome!



My only beef with this model is that it does not have audio output for use with headphones - only the digital output, which is totally useless. Still, for what I paid and considering the picture quality, it's not a deal breaker.

Highly recommended! Toshiba 40E200U 40-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV (Black Gloss)

After much research, I decided to purchase this TV and am happy with my decision. I previously owned a Toshiba set (http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-26HF85-Widescreen-HD-Ready-Screen/dp/B000816XK2) that I was very happy with, but was looking for something with HDMI support to hook up my Apple TV. I took stock of what components needed to hook up to the set and with what types of connections (Wii with a component connection, iPhone/iPod with a composite connection, Apple TV with an HDMI connection, and a Blu-Ray player with another HDMI connection). I also had a space requirement that this set fit into perfectly, giving me the largest viewable area in the space I had available.



Once I turned the TV on with basic cable, I was not that impressed with the picture quality. After a few minutes and getting all the connections set, I found that HD content looked great, especially at 1080p coming from the Blu-Ray player.



I have resisted hooking the TV up to my old receiver (though it does have the inputs available to do so) and surround sound system to get a sense of the audio from the TV alone, and so far, so good.



For the price, this is a good set. I have only had it for a week or more, so cannot review the longer term performance, but at this point, I am quite satisfied.

This toshiba is a great TV for someone who has never owned an HDTV or just needs an extra TV. But if you compare this to Samsung and Sony, then this TV gets blown away. The remote feels cheap. The options on the TV are limited.



But the picture quality is fantastic. I use it to watch netflix from my ps3, play ps3 games, and watch TV sports. All look great.



The audio levels are fine, I'm not sure what the other reviewer is complaining about. I've had this TV for 2 months now and no problems so far.



Summary: if you are want a no frills HDTV that gives good picture quality, at a good price, this is for you. But if you want more, look elsewhere.

This is my first HDTV, and although I do have some "HD" computer monitors, they're nothing close to this experience. With an HD source, the picture is so clear it looks like you could walk through the screen and into the scene.



At first I couldn't decide between LCD and plasma. After reading a lot of pro-plasma reviews, I figured the 1080p LCD would look pixelated and the plasma would look more dynamic and realistic even if only at 720p. Boy was I ever wrong!!!



I was considering the Toshiba 37" 1080p LCD and the Samsung 42" 720p Plasma. Although reviews were raving over the Samsung's picture quality, people seemed to think the Toshiba was better quality, so I ordered the 37" Toshiba. When I got to the store, however, I ended up paying the few extra dollars to get the 40" after falling in love with it. The 37" has the same quality, just smaller.



They had the Samsung 42" 720p plasma there, and while it was a decent TV in it's own right, the Toshiba just blew it away. The pixels (if that's what they are) on the plasma were clearly visible; whereas, I couldn't see ANY pixels at all on the Toshiba LCD!



Games, particularly GTA IV for XBOX 360, at full HD resolution are beyond belief after playing them on an old 20" CRT TV.



Bottom line:



I can't recommend this TV enough. Most of the reviews for the Toshiba 200 series LCDs -- as positive as they are -- understate the picture quality. It's that impressive! Plus, the unit looks and feels like a quality product. The worst things people can say are minor items like the lack of headphone jack or a silly mute button on the controller, which you can easily replace with a universal remote if you don't like it. No significant quality-related issues. Compare that the Samsung or other competitor TVs that have buzzing audio problems and don't even include the correct base and screws for the unit. Go with Toshiba!

I like the picture quality of the TV. A couple problems though:



1) While watching netflix on xbox 360 if I back out of a movie or stop a movie while streaming I lose HDMI signal! I have to cycle to a different HDMI (eg HDMI 2) signal, wait a couple seconds, then cycle back to my original input (HDMI 1). Very annoying!



2: Sound quality is a little sporadic. A shotgun sound in Modern warfare 2 sounds pretty awful and crackly. I need a sound system, but I expected the tv not to sound so awful at certain sounds.



Otherwise the tv works great looks great. Just some annoyances.

I'll keep this one short and sweet. Ive had this TV for several weeks now, and couldn't be happier.



The picture is awesome. Our other TV is a Sony 40 inch, which is another highly rated LCD, and I made my own comparison by watching a Stanley Cup Hockey game on both TV's and could not tell any difference. A Hockey game broadcast in HD is a very good test for your TV's clarity, and this Toshiba did not disappoint.



The dynamic aspect ratio works great.



The fact that Toshiba doesn't publish the contrast ratio should not be a deterrent for getting this TV. Contrast ratio is a marketing gimmick, and the determination should be that if you look at the picture, and it looks great to your eyes, who cares what the actual contrast ratio is? The blacks look black, and the whites look white, and there isn't much more to worry about.



Good price for a great TV - 40 Inch - 1080p - High Quality - Toshiba'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


High Quality - 1080p, 40 inch 40 inch High Quality - 1080p, 40 inch