Sunday 5 December 2010

Eligible For Super Saver Shipping - tools, precision screwdriver set


For precision work, this set includes the sizes I need most often. I hesitated to purchase it to begin with due to comments about the cheap case/package, but I was pleasantly surprised by it. I have certainly had very bad cases before and although this one is not perfect, it is good enough for me and I'm fairly picky. What can you expect for just over six bucks?



On a side note, I did notice before opening the box that the bits on 2 of the hex drivers were not completely straight. This is an obvious manufacturing defect and I have contacted Fuller Tools about it to see if they will replace them. While it won't impede me from using them in the meanwhile, they are bent enough to be a bit annoying for precision work. Yet again, what can you expect for the price? Either way, I believe these are certainly well worth the price that I paid. Fuller Tool 135-0916 16-Piece Precision Screwdriver Set

I used this set on some electronics and a few watch screws and it worked well. The only complaint I have is that 2 of the screwdrivers tips came loose while loosening a screw. They are only glued in and when they came loose, the tips would just spin. I pulled them out and used some Loctite, I could use them again in an hour. This set is a good value, but I was a bit disappointed how quickly two of them needed repair.



Update: 3/17/08

I have been using these more than I thought. One further observation is that in simple things like electronics, the work flawlessly. In items where the screws are tighter, I have had the tips come loose and needed to use Loctite to repair them. I even bent a few of the tips and had to hammer them flat again.



For simple uses, these are fine. (For $7, come on!) Just don't expect to them to be able to withstand excessive punishment.

These are very inexpensive for the set, but if you need a small screw driver every now and then they are very good. The box is a bit cheap and will not last long, but for now they look good orginized.



The qualtiy of them is good enough for my 3 year old to use the small philips to change the batteries on his toothbrush and toys. They are just the right size if your kids want to help.

When i received the package i first noticed the case. It sucked. But once i got past the case i found very nicely made set of screwdrivers, no surprises there. The set contains a cross-section of each type of head. The six in the middle have holes drilled near the top for a small bar, which is included, for increased torque. These are good, but i wish they would have drilled that little hole in all of them. It nots a big set but it does supplement most previously purchased sets.



The guy below that complains about the non-magnetic heads has obviously never owned a magnetizer/demagnetizer tool in which you put the tool through a hole which magnetizes it, take out the screw, then put it through another hole in the bottom to demagnetize it.



A good buy.

Not much to say....container broke in a matter of days.

The tools are just ok, one already broke off the handle.

I use it to change the batteries in my watches....or tighten the4 screws on my glasses.

I'd stick with the sets available at the dollar stores....this set is worth $5 at most - Screwdriver - Tools - Precision Screwdriver Set - Precision'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Eligible For Super Saver Shipping - tools, precision screwdriver set screwdriver Eligible For Super Saver Shipping - tools, precision screwdriver set