Sunday 28 November 2010

Splitter - splitter, dual monitor cable


I made the mistake of buying the other amplifer splitter offered here on Amazon...the IO brand one. It malfunctioned after the first day. I kept hoping that it would work, but gave up and tried this one. Wow, what a difference. Here's why you should buy this amplifer splitter:



1) It comes with its own cable. It may sound trivial, but most amplifer splitters need a special male-female VGA cable that will cost you extra time and money to track down. This one is good to go right out of the box.



2) It works. My other amplifer splitter would sometimes die in mid-presentation, and the projection screen would go blue, much to my frustration. Not so with this one. The Aluratek works all the time, no problem.



3) Its smaller than the other guys. Its only about half the size of the lemon I bought before.



Listen, if you want bright, beautiful presentations then this is the item for you.



PS - when I first installed it, I noticed that it chopped off about 1/2 inch off the right side of my screen. I fixed it easily by changing the refresh rate (in MHz) in the Monitors properties in the control panel. No big deal. Now, its perfect. Aluratek AVS02 2-Port VGA Video Splitter

After reading in the reviews of simple splitter cables that there are often problems with the picture on one or both monitors, I decided to use an amplified splitter instead. I picked this one because it has the bandwidth necessary to handle my usual computer screen resolution.



It works very well. Both the LCD computer monitor and the 37" LCD TV display perfect pictures. I did have to adjust the fine focus on the monitor slightly, probably because the splitter is producing a greater signal than the video card alone does.



-dan z-

I purchased this unit two weeks ago for the purpose of watching streaming videos from netflix using my flat screen tv. The unit is very simple and is completely "plug and play". My monitor and television both play quite well with no discearnable decrease in quality resulting from the splittting of my one vga computer output. The unit heats up a little more than I would have expected but I've left in on for 48 hours and the level of heat produced never increases beyond what it is after a couple of minutes from activation time. The unit was recieved on time and packaged properly. Many thanks to all of the Amazon customers who take the time to share a review. I have been very pleased with every purchase made based on these reviews.

Bought this to split a video signal from my PC to a 42-inch TV that is 50 feet from the computer, mainly to watch streaming videos from Netflix. Excellent reception, no loss of quality that I can tell. Very easy to set up, takes only a minute or two. Very small and compact, about 3 x 2 inches in size. I did notice some interference when I first turned it on, turned out to be a ceiling fan. Switched the ceiling fan off and the interference was gone. Very happy with this product.

I'd say the setup time for this thing is about thirty seconds. It will take you longer to find the cables you'll need than anything else you'll have to do. Plug the power source in, plug the VGA cable to the source, plug the VGA cables to the output devices, and you're done.



It's so simple it has no buttons or switches. It has an indicator light for power, and another for an active VGA signal, and that's it.



I'm getting a nice clear signal on both devices. In our case, it's hooked to an XBox, with one output going to a projector and another going to a 19" monitor. Now, we don't have to heat up the projector just to start some music, or for a single person to play.



You might be tempted to buy a cheap splitter cable. This really doesn't cost that much more, and I suspect you'll be a lot happier with it.

I received the device with no damage and all components present. Hooked one end of the long cable (I had bought separately) to the television in the living room and the other cable end to the splitter. Connected the included input cable to the input end of the splitter and the other end to the computer monitor outlet. Took my computer monitor cable and plugged it into the side port of the splitter and activated the splitter by plugging the included power cube into the wall. I turned the TV and computer on and selected PC on the TV selectable input button. The product worked right off with no fiddling as advertised and have had no troubles with it. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to watch their favorite video from the comfort of their easy chair. Also recommend getting a wireless mouse and keyboard. Saves walking if watching 10 min You Tube videos. Actually have better image on the TV than the monitor. Well that about sums it up.

I bought this so I could run a line to my LCD tv along with the monitor. First I bought a cheap splitter which ruined the signal on both TV & monitor. This electric splitter gives me a great picture on both. It's mainly for Netflix from my desktop to TV. I also bought a VGA to HDMI device - Dual Monitor Cable - Splitter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information