Sunday 28 November 2010

Getpreparedstuf - getpreparedstuf


Many people (esp. young Americans) don't know this, but Rayovac has been making batteries for almost 100 years. They are not as marketing-savvy as Energizer or Duracell, but their batteries are just as capable as the better known brands. They also OEM batteries for other companies. I have their regular alkaline batteries, rechargable alkaline batteries, NiMH rechargable batteries, and battery rechargers, and have been very happy with their products in the last 10 years. And they are cheaper than Duracell and Energizer, thus providing terrific values to a power-hungry gadget freak like me. Rayovac 813-12PP Alkaline D Batteries (12-pack)

Until I bought several weeks worth of Rayovac Alkaline D cells, I used Duracell Alkaline D cells.



Every week I run a 3-CD changer (JVC _CX-XC370) for 11 hours worth of water aerobic classes, at the same volume level (Volume #10), from Tuesday to Thursday. The Duracells lasted all 11 hours (and might last even longer). In contrast, these Rayovac D cells for the last five weeks have consistently died during the second half of the next-to-last class (after hour 9.5 and before hour 10).

I'm one of those who buy the cheapest batteries I can find. I've found that Ray-O-Vac AAA Alkaline Battery is generally priced in the low end of the battery display and tend to last a considerable time longer than "store brand" batteries do. AAA sized are the batteries I use most and please be advised that my statements are based only on the AAA Ray-O-Vac that I'm familiar with.You get even more extra savings the Amazon.com "Bottom of the Page" deal on this item. All around bargain!John Rowcolobbfan

I've started to buy my batteries in a bigger bulk, since the prices seem rather high in stores. These have turned out really well for me... and it's nice to have a nice supply sitting around that I know i'll eventually use up..

Living in a rural area where power fails frequently due to lightning storms and hurricanes, one has to rely on D-cell batteries to power flash lights, lanterns and radios for extended periods. Due to the low prices of the Rayovac value packs at Target/Amazon, we tried these batteries several years ago. We've been extremely pleased with the performance of all the new Rayovac batteries. I really don't think it's fair to compare these batteries to Duracell since the Rayovacs cost half as much. But, since everyone else does compare them, I'd estimate the Rayovacs last 85-90% as long as Duracell batteries. If you're looking for a quality battery that won't break the bank, look no further.

This work far better than "heavy duty" batteries or some of the other non-premium brands I have used in the past. They seem to last very long for the money. I will continue to buy these rather than pay twice as much for a Duracell. - Getpreparedstuf'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Getpreparedstuf - getpreparedstuf getpreparedstuf Getpreparedstuf - getpreparedstuf