Sunday 28 November 2010

Electronics - screwdrivers, electronics


The 000 driver was exactly what I needed to open up the bottom panel of my unibody MacBook Pro for a memory upgrade. The other drivers will be ideal for hard drive upgrades and opening and cleaning my PC laptops.



The tapered handle makes it easy to switch from applying torque to spinning the driver rapidly.



Update - I used one of the larger drivers to remove most of the screws from the bottom of a Toshiba notebook. Flawless performance on the part of the Wiha drivers. Wiha 26194 Screwdriver Set, Phillips With Precision Handles, 4 Piece

When I first got these I wondered whether or not I had made the right purchase. They were small, packed in a rather generic looking plastic case, and looked only slightly more durable than the cheap jeweler's screwdrivers I was replacing them with. I was very wrong in my initial assessment.



First of all, these are perfectly cut to dig right into the screws. Rather than sliding around and stripping them, these pretty much fit so perfectly that there's not place to slide and strip screws.



Secondly, they perform admirably when it comes to turning the tightest screw. My old set failed to remove screws from my notebook's hard drive sleeve (apparently tightened by an employee burning off steam into tight screws). In fact, every effort I made to turn the screw ended up having my old set rip across my hand leaving my skin raw. On the other hand, this set allows for a comfy grip, and popped out those stubborn screws with virtually no force whatsoever.



I highly recommend these if you're trying to manage those tiny screws in computer systems. That cheap plastic case also makes a good holder for said screws as well. :P

I have a MacBook. to change the hard drive or memory you need a #00 philips. They weren't available in the local hardware, and even the next size larger that was available were those cheap ones in the blue and clear plastic boxes. These are really good tools... when they say precision, they mean it.

This screwdriver set is awesome! The top red part of the screwdriver is on a free swivel and is thus very easy to use on those small scale projects. This set is very sturdy, and it seems there was some serious thought put into the tool's usability.

I do laptop repairs and have been looking for a decent set of the smaller sized philips head screw drivers for this work. These screw drivers are very good quality and really "bit" into the smaller sized screws found on laptops. Have only been using for a few days, so time will tell how long they last. I will say that these are looking good so far.

Arguably one of the best tool sets to have, Wiha makes them to perfection. I have an older Craftsmen set that were outstanding and I heard about Wiha and very impressed. Hardened steel, the tips fit perfectly and unscrews the most stubbornest screw right out with ease. Highly recommend these to anyone! - Tools - Screwdrivers - Electronics'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Electronics - screwdrivers, electronics electronics Electronics - screwdrivers, electronics