Tuesday 27 September 2011

Unscented Lotion - animal friendly, alba


I'm a fan of Alba products and think their lotion is great. It goes on smooth and is easily absorbed into the skin with no sticky, oily residue. A note on shipping: the packaging consisted of a piece of tape placed on the cap. In the process of shipping the cap came loose and lotion got on my other items. It was quickly cleaned up, but you might want to keep that in mind when placing an order. Alba Botanica Very Emollient Body Lotion, Unscented, 32-Ounce Bottle

I wanted a lotion that would leave less weird chemicals on my skin. I tried some in my local health food store, and I LOVE this lotion. It goes on nice and thick, but it's not greasy AT ALL and it absorbs quickly. The only thing that bugs me is the smell. It's unscented, so it doesn't have a fragrance, but it does have an odor. I am SUPER sensitive to smells, so I just mixed it with a little bit of another organic scented lotion and it's all good now.

I've read other reviews about this product and about it smelling funny. The first bottle I purchased was fine. The second, smells a little funny. However, since it's unscented, maybe it's just the normal weird, non-smell. Either way, it's a great product without harsh chemicals to irritate your skin. And it's a necessity during a northern winter.



Also, the packaging for this one was less than desired. The pump top was taped, with scotch tape, and not effectively. The top was loose and lotion was all over the place inside the box in which it was packaged. Luckily, the other product in the box was sealed so not damaged, but could have been upsetting if it was a gift! The loosening of the top could have been prevented with better packaging but to be fair, the package arrived on a 10 degree day, so it's also possible that any extreme temperature transitions could have created some expansion and contraction that could cause lotion seepage.



Either way, I still love this lotion! It's my go-to!

This Very emollient lotion is actually a different newer batch dated 2007 witch has a different mixture and new ingredients. It caused a bad red very sunburn like reaction in me. I have used this same lotion for years with no problems. Too bad I really did like the prior mix.

Lots of reports from others just like mine on the internet. Returned my order.

I read the reviews and decided that alba's lotion would be a great choice for my skin. I also purchased their body wash.

This lotion makes me itch!! I've never had problems with any other lotion before. It's quite strange. I think I'm stuck with a 32 oz bottle of lotion for a while.

This is my favorite lotion! Love the new more organic formula although I notice it is a lot thicker & I need to use more product because it soaks into my dry skin rather quickly. I believe the old formula contained dimethicone & it no longer does which is probably the difference in consistency & why its thicker. But I am happier that it is now I believe entirely organic!

I ordered this item by accident, meaning to buy the Maximum Dry Skin Formula. I was disappointed when I realized my mistake, but thought I would try to make it work, anyway. However, as soon as I put the lotion on my skin, I noticed that it had a strange chemical smell to it. I just placed an order for the correct lotion, which I love, and this stuff is going back. - Alba - Unscented Lotion - Animal Friendly - Lotions'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Unscented Lotion - animal friendly, alba alba Unscented Lotion - animal friendly, alba