Tuesday 27 September 2011

A  great Safe Shredder - shredders, cross cut shredder


I bought this shredder because it had decent reviews, and was small and white (read: blends in with decor so my wife would let me keep it out in plain view).



This is a super light duty shredder. It doesn't make confetti cuts, just turns the paper into long strips. As a result, it isn't as secure and take up a lot of space in the bucket, so you have to empty often. But my biggest complaint is obviously that it broke the first day I had it. I would have been more upset except that I hadn't thrown away the packaging yet so it made it easy to return. So I was very disappointed and can't recommend a product that broke on day one, but Amazon was great about their return policy as usual.



I purchased a Fellowes DM12c as a replacement, which is more expensive and heavier duty. I really like the Fellowes shredder and it was worth the extra money. The way it sounds when this baby devours documents is like the purr of exhaust on a vette or porsche - very satisfying. Aurora AS810SD 8-Sheet Strip-Cut Paper/CD/Credit Card Shredder with Basket

Great buy. Grab it before its out of stock. I did couple of searches for a good Shreder and found that all of them with all shredding capabilities are almost for 50 bucks.

I found this and read all the reviews and got this product. Am using this since couple of months and found it great with No trouble at all.



Adavantages:

1] Shreds almost 8 to 10 pages simultaneously.

2] Also easily shreds unopened envelops which contains the dummy plastic credit cards.

3] Shreds CD/DVD into 4 to 6 pieces. One at a time.

4] Shreds Credit Cards. One at a time.

5] Shreds Stapled bunch of papers.

6] All this for a price 29.99 bucks is a WORTH.



Cons:

1] CD/DVD is cut into couple of pieces. So if its your personal CD/DVD you might need to shred the shreded peices too.

2] Same goes with important credit cards.

3] But no worries its just an extra additional one time effort. Grab it :).





Overall its awesome and I found no real cons. in it. Its a shredder with all features at a price of only paper shredder from many other brands. So, close your eyes and grab it.

This is a great shredder for the home, and for the price. If the basket is too small for the shredding job you're doing, an attached extension on the side of the shredder just pulls out, and you can just place the shredder over the larger basket, I find the 13 gal. kitchen-size wastebasket works great. Buy it. You won't be disappointed.

First, the most important thing: I never put more than 6 sheets through this at a time (it says it can handle eight). I used it only for home shredding: old bank statements and so forth, so it was really only lightly used. In other words, this is not a case of someone buying a low-end shredder and complaining if it breaks when trying to shove 84 pages through it at once.



The nitty gritty is this: After perhaps 100 total sheets of paper over the course of a few weeks, it just quit working. Reverse setting still works, but that's hardly helpful since reverse doesn't shred. Having seen all the great reviews, I'm very disappointed in this product. Note: this does not do "confetti" or "cross cut" shredding: it shreds things into long strips. Additionally, the CD "shredder" did not actually shred or even break the CD, but rather, simply engraved scratches on it. I could have done that with a utility knife without bothering with a shredder.



In summary: Not recommended.

This little baby is a great asset for anyone intent on keeping their personal identity theirs. It works great with the minor drawback of it's size. If you have a lot of shredding to do the basket is small and you will need to empty it often, otherwise, it is easy to work and does what it was advertized to do.

The shredded cuts are rather large. If this product would shred 8 sheets, it would have to be 8 sheets of onion skin paper. It has a difficult time doing 5 sheets. I put in an old credit card & the shredder began to smell hot. This product is good for very small projects only.

I had another shredder that sat on top of a tall kitchen basket for about 10 years. It finally died. It cost me about $30. So, I go this one. One review said that it had a handle that would extend so you could place it on a tall trash basket. I did that but the arm is not made well, very flimsy, and it totally snapped off. I was forced into using the basket it came with which is really too small and I have to keep dumping the paper. It shreds good but I wouldn't try more than 5 sheets at a time. I haven't tried the CD or credit card shredders yet so I don't know if they function well or not.

If you're looking for a home shredder that will do the job without costing you an arm and a leg, this is definetly it! If the wastebasket that comes with the shredder is "too small" for your use, simply apply "common sense" by putting the shredder over a larger wastebasket! Ignore all of these ho-hum reviews gripping about the wastebasket size by describing it as a "little shredder" that does "small jobs" which require "frequent emptying". Nonsense! The moment mine arrived, I took it out of the box, disgarded it's wastebasket and put the shredder over my larger wastebasket then began shredding! The shredder works fine! It's quiet and adequate for home use. For commercial use, go elsewhere. No problems here what-so-ever. Love it! - Cross Cut Shredder - Shredder - Shredders - Good Product'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information