Tuesday 27 September 2011

Kindle Active Content


This game is fun. Not much re-play value....once you see how to beat a map thats it, it has lost the challange. Nice thing is there are alot of maps (like 100 or so). Over all I'd say worth the two bucks if you are into puzzle games. Amazon Digital, I challange you to make a simple yet fun RPG game for us :) Pirate Stash

Shiver me timbers, this is a great Sokoban game for the Kindle! The developers have taken the classic game and have added some great improvements. The most notable is the ability to teleport your pirate and automove your treasure chest. This feature saves a lot of time and frustration moving your pirate around. Another nice feature is that there are three levels of achievement per level. The first level of achievement (one star) is simply getting all of your chests to the "X"'s (regular Sokoban). You get the next level if you can achieve the objective in an average number of moves (par). You get 3 stars if you can do it in the fewest number of moves possible. It's also worth mentioning that this game has a nice unlimited undo function (believe it or not, I've played Sokoban games in the past where if you made one mistake ,you had to start over - ARGHHH!). With 118 levels this game is a solid value for $1.99.

There are plenty of Sokoban games out there. This one actually mentions Sokoban in the description, so I'll give credit for their credit.



You are pushing around treasure chests to ideal spots for burying them. It's well done, a very clean version, without any clicks being wasted.



Intro 5

Beginer 20

Intermediate 20

Advanced Training 3

Advanced 24

Expert 24

Bonus 22



That is a lot of Sokoban challenges, more than enough to keep anyone busy for awhile. Thankfully, there is just one version of the game on Kindle, and it's a good one.

This is a great game! I love that I can solve it, then go back and try to get a better score. I also like that I can view the solution up to a certain point, then stop. That way if I get stuck, I can just check out how to get past that particular spot and stop the solution.



I highly recommend this game for everyone.

I wasnt familiar with this type of game and I approach it as a newbie who is interested in a new game for when I have some time to kill but dont want to start a book- doctors office, airplane flight etc.



Pirate Stash works very well for this. The rules are very simple so it will only take about 5 minutes until you are up to speed on how the controls work and what are the rules of play.



Likewise the game doesnt require a ton of context- the puzzle are independent and there are only about 5 or so solving techniques you need to suss out for yourself in order to solve them. By the time you get to the hardest level you will be brought along to the point where the Experts aren't too bad. About 10 minutes for the hardest puzzle.



There is also the concept of "par" and least possible moves so you can go back and try to improve your solving methods.



This isnt a super hard puzzle set, but they are tricky enough to be fun and short enough that they make a good time killer. Priced at $1.99 that makes it a good buy.

This is a remake of Sokoban, with a different title. Sokoban is one of the most addictive puzzle games ever. You really have to plan and think ahead. I've already wasted hours playing the PC version of Sokoban, now will be spending far too much time on Pirate Stash for the Kindle, Arrrrrrrgh!

After downloading this game, I learned that it's something called "Sokoban". I don't know what that is, but I certainly enjoyed playing Pirate Stash. Essentially, you push chests of "booty" (aka gold, treasure, goodies) around a maze to push the chests into predefined X's (you know, X's mark the spots) to keep them safe. I really like logical and strategic games and this is a great but simple one. The graphics are very clear - right down to his peg leg and his footprints in the sand. There are 118 puzzles (if you count the introduction and advanced training puzzles) in 7 different categories, with each category growing progressively more challenging to solve. It includes the standard game features (restart, undo, timer, reveal solution, leave the game and return to it, etc.). The "Undo" is great in that you can reverse move after move rather than only being able to undo the last one. I also like that the timer doesn't start until you make your first move, giving you a bit of time to assess the board and plan your moves. There is a "Teleporting" feature that's unlocked after the first 20 puzzles. Beam me up baby! Using this feature, you can select a place on the game board, and, if your pirate could walk there, he will be automatically moved to that space. Saves you a lot of clicking to get him to where he needs to be. The other feature that unlocks is the ability to just move the treasure chest. In the first games, the pirate must push the chests, but with this second feature, you can just select the chest and use the 5-way controller to move it and the pirate automatically follows behind. Once you can "select" things, whether that's the pirate or the chest, the board will be filled with little squares to indicate to you which squares on the board you can move to (because some chests might be blocking some pathways), but I didn't find this feature all that helpful. Scoring is based on the number of "pushes" it takes to get each chest to an X. You'll get 1, 2, or 3 stars. Each puzzle has a par (the average number of expected pushes it should take to get each chest to an X) and your scoring is based on how close you come to that. I love that there's a par... I immediately know if I'm thinking about the maze in the wrong way or if I'm spot on. The instructions are slightly helpful but could use some work. The game is simple enough and, after a few minutes of play, you'll pick it up, so it's not a big deal that the instructions aren't as clear as they could be. One thing that grated on my nerves was the phrase "Try and get a perfect score of ##". In school, my grammar teacher taught us that if it is your intention to try something (i.e. it is your intention to try to get a perfect score), using the phrase "try and" is incorrect... that you should use "try to". I don't always write or speak correctly, but that's just one of those things that I immediately notice. It seems that "try and" is generally accepted now and I'm just an old fuddy-duddy, but I'm hoping Amazon will change that in version 1.2. In the end, this is a great game to wile away some time while your parrot is at the vet or you're waiting for your ship to sail. I don't know that I'll enjoy replaying the solved puzzles, but I imagine there will be more games out to play by then so it won't be a problem.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Kindle Active Content Kindle Active Content Kindle Active Content