Tuesday 27 September 2011

Fountain Pen Refill - fountain pen, bottled ink


This ink is a nice deep black that flows nicely from either of my fountain pens (I have a Lamy & a Waterman). But what really distinguishes this ink is the bottle - it has a reservoir in the bottom so that even when the bottle is almost empty you can still fill your pens. Also, the blotting paper attached to the bottle is genius and obviates the need to have a paper towel at the ready when I fill my pen. Lamy Bottled Ink 50ml Black W/Blotting Paper

. . . it's ink. But it's dark, covers well, flows consistently, dries faster than most other inks I've tried, doesn't clog, and lasts well. The cost is reasonable, and it does the job nicely. The added blotting paper is no great shakes for me since this stuff dries quite quickly, but it could be useful to those who use broad point or calligraph pens.



This stuff won't save the world, but it's nice to write with and is worth the cost.

Cons: Using this ink with the fine-tip Lamy fountain pen doesn't give the finest lines (it's kinda thick) and does bleed through cheap paper.



Pros: Been using it for a year now, and I don't ever think I'm going to run out. Easy to fill the pen from.



Note: Put in a well-sealed plastic bag for travel. It doesn't leak significantly, but would have easily ruined a shirt, had it been wrapped in one.

I am very pleased with this ink. It dries to a rich black and does not bleed through paper every easily. Only downside is it takes slightly longer to dry than I would like, but it still is great stuff!

This is nice ink. Right now I'm using it with my Lamy Safari Vista pen (which I've also reviewed). The reel of blotter paper is a useful feature. The ink has good opacity and flows evenly and reliably from the pen. If I'm able, at some point, to purchase a converter for my A. G. Spalding pen, I'll try the ink in that instrument too.



I'd like to try some blue-black ink in my pens, but so far I'm only using this Lamy black. - Converter - Fountain Pen - Waterproof Ink - Bottled Ink'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Fountain Pen Refill - fountain pen, bottled ink waterproof ink Fountain Pen Refill - fountain pen, bottled ink