Monday 12 September 2011

Ethernet Cables


they are cheap and there are many of them! they are a little smaller for TV cable but with some use of force they fit. I think for computer network cable they will be very good (but who uses cables with all the cheap wireless routers available?). Cable-Clip White RG6 (100 pieces per bag)

This is a good product that appears to be well-made. It did the job exactly as I desired. It fits a small cable only, however. Anything bigger than ethernet cable (cat-5) probably won't fit. Great price, no complaints.

A bag with a 100 of these cable-clips for this price is worth it. All the ones I've used had no problems.



My pros and cons:



Pro(s):

- Cheap (price-wise)

- Plenty (lost/broke one? no worries, it's a bag of a 100 pieces!)

- Simple to use (just aim and hammer away, the nails are already set inside the plastic clips)



Con(s):

- None



Note(s):

- The product says RG6, I'm not sure why some people try to fit it with CAT5, CAT5e, CAT6, etc.



Recommendation(s)/Suggestion(s):

- If you're installing these outdoors, keep them out of the sun (long term exposure to the sun will cause the plastic to fade/discolor and become brittle)



This is great for tidying up areas/straightening cables for long distances, cheers!

Does what it's designed to do - secure cable to the wall. I doesn't grip Cat5 very tightly, so if you're trying to get the cable tight to the wall, you'll still need to do something like put a dot of Elmer's every few inches, but it works very nicely as the primary guide. Cheap and effective.

These are perfect for lightweight cables and cords, even securing a light-duty extension cord in place, but I wish they came larger to secure larger diameter cables.



A perfect use for leftovers is to secure charging cords in a handy place. I nailed one to the back of my nightstand and one to the underside of my desk, with an iPhone charging cord in it's grip. The charger cable is small enough that it slides down so the connector rests on the cable clip. So now when I need to plug my phone in I can reach to the handy location I know my charging cord will be, but when I am done the cord's weight retracts it back so there aren't cables showing on my desktop.

There's not a whole lot to say about these cable clips other than the basic facts: they're inexpensive, they do what they're supposed to do, and they fit most cables. You can even bend the cable holder portion a bit to accomodate a slightly larger cable. They're easy to install and remove.



For heavier/thicker cables, I use Duck HU-5 Double Sided Mounting Tabs, 60-Count. For everything else, these work great.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information