Monday 12 September 2011

Canon Multifunction - canon multifunction, inkjet


We owned a Canon IP6000 a few years ago and decided to buy an Epson Artisan 800 because of it's multi tasking capabilities. That was a total mistake! I have had 4 printers in the last 2 years, under warranty, that Epson had to send me because the features kept going out on it!



I bought this printer at Staples yesterday and I am very pleased with it so far. The text quality is better than Epson's and the photos are spectacular, just like the Canon that we used to own. The photos turn out just like you had them developed at the store. I waited for a month and a half for this printer to come out and I am not disappointed that I waited. Well worth the investment and I will be sticking with Canon! Canon Pixma MX882 Wireless Office All-In-One Printer (4894B002)

I waited about a month and 1/2 for this printer to become available after its release earlier this year. I purchased the printer at Staples for 199.00, but returned my 'old' one and received a 50.00 rebate, so my net cost was 149.00 for this product. I found the 3" LCD very easy to read and also very user friendly, as it takes you step by step while installing the printer to your network for the first time. It took about 30 minutes from out of the box, to fully function properly. I was torn between purchasing a laser vs an ink jet, but determined my needs were better suited for an inkjet and I was pleasantly surprised on the quality of the pictures I created via the printer. The colors were amazing! I will upload a sample shortly. I found the wireless connection which allows me to print wirelessly without having to connect using a cable from the computer was awesome, as my wife usually works on her laptop, and this is great feature! The Canon MX882 operates with five ink cartridges; so when one specific color runs out, you just need to replace that one cartridge and not the entire array. I also noticed Canon installs easily to reach 'shortcuts' on your pc to easily manage your function for your printer. The scanner worked well, as I was quikly able to scan an old 4x6 photo and upload it to my pc for easy sharing. You can also scan to e-mail as it will open up your e-mail and attach a scan to a new message. In a nutshell, very, very user friendly and the quality of the prints were great.

I recently replaced my old Pixma ip4000 with this new MX882. Set up was straight forward and without a glitch. The machine is nice to look at and prints very high quality photos and documents with great speed. The display makes it easy for those who are "technology challenged" to scan, copy, or fax without difficulty.



The wireless printing setup was fast and flawless.



My only reservations about this machine are:



1. The shiny black plastic body is a major dust collector and difficult to keep clean.

2. You can use EITHER the Ethernet connection OR the wireless connection, but not both. This is disappointing and requires you to toggle the printer between modes.



All in all I am very happy with this Canon multifunction machine. It is far superior to all the troublesome HP multi-functions that I've had in the past.

I love this printer..It prints out great pictures if you load the memory card into it..Didn't print well if I printed from my computer for pictures.. Printes 4x6 photos in about 15 seconds...Very fast..Crisp and clean pictures.. The scanner is amazing! Very good scanner so very good copier! Its easy to setup, love the wireless.. My only downfall is the fax..I'm new to this fax stuff, so I dunno if its me or the machine, but it will send faxes out, but it wont receive them.. Its on a shared phone line, and I thought it would just detect what type of call is incoming and if it were a fax it would auto receive..I tried the auto setup and it did not receive a fax, I tried to manual set it, and it would not receive a fax.. Good thing I don't have a need to receive alot of faxes but other then that, I'm glad I can send them out..Also the ink lasts a good amount of time..I printed out over 100 4x6 and still have a good amount of ink left...So..all in all, everything else is great and I love this printer!

Using this device via WiFi with three Apple computers I have had no problems. Everything installed correctly on the first try on all three MACs. Ink usage seems reasonable so far. This device replaced a 7 year old Canon S900 photo ink jet which served me well. Print quality is good, driver gives lots of options. I am very pleased with this printer on my MACs. On my PC, as a printer, it works great. Scanning on the PC....does not exist. I cannot find the scanner functions anywhere. I reloaded the drivers twice. Online searching was of no help. PC is running XP Pro with all updates installed. I have decided to use the scanner portion of the device through my MACs only and only print from the PC.

I have not tried any of the faxing options as they are of no interest to me. Summary: great device on my MACs. Limited functionality on my PC. - Multifunction Printer - Canon Multifunction - Photo Printer - Inkjet'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


photo printer Canon Multifunction - canon multifunction, inkjet