Monday 12 September 2011

Craft Sets - art, shrinky dinks


Soooooo cool. Just the same as the ones in '81-'84 (ouch).



Comes with:

-fiber optic fairy wand w/whistle on one end (goin' back to the 70's- even more ouch)

-five Shrinky Dink sheets

-hole puncher in order to make jewelry if desired

-eight colored pencils

-small jewelry hoops for attachment purposes

-small felt purse worn as necklace

-long felt bracelets

-two modern-day barrettes

-tiny pastel-colored bells for adornment

-downy-white glitter

-one lobster clasp

-bracelet fasteners

-foam stickers only for utilitarian reasons



Notes: I am not sure if you can use your own colored pencils for more color variety; check out the website or call co. if this is a pressing question for you (I will try to remember to do so in order to update this review). You can use a toaster oven. I am not so sure that the whistle works too great (will update that info, too). Do not panic when "cooking" the Dinks- just let them do their shriveling ritual, and you will see them straighten out right before your eyes. I did mess one up due to panic, sigh. The involved crafts are easy to do- my daughter and I completed the purse craft, and I am a total chimp with stuff like that. I do feel that the involved crafts are delicate, so keep away from nosy toddlers/preK'ers. You can get Shrinky Dinks from Target as well.



Items to have on hand before purchase:

-baby powder (pure cornstarch with scent, aloe, and all that jazz O.K.) to prevent sticking

-aluminum foil to line cookie sheet

-a non-air insulated cookie sheet

-craft glue to further reinforce jewelry hoops (optional)



Addenda on 2/9/11: Finally found our fairy wand...the whistle does not work that great, but no biggie. It does flash different colored lights; first slowly, then quickly, so be careful if a family member has photosensitive epilepsy. The wand takes three 1.5V button batteries; they are included. I checked out the company's website in order to see if you can use "outside" colored pencils, and they do not suggest it because they cannot "ensure their functionality or safety". Shrinky Dinks Fairy World

I bought these for my eight year-old for Christmas. They are just as much fun as I remember! Some of the accessories that come with the kit are kind of flimsy and won't last - but the real fun of shrinky dinks is creating them! My son liked them so much he asked for some with more of a "boy-theme" - so I'm ordering them today!

My niece really loved this product as one of her Christmas presents. While her older brother and sister were spending time at their grandma's home, she wasn't feeling well and stayed home with her mom. She thoroughly enjoyed making items with her mom from this kit. - Present - Crafts - Shrinky Dinks - Art'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Craft Sets - art, shrinky dinks present Craft Sets - art, shrinky dinks