Tuesday 16 August 2011

Vista Compatible - vhs to dvd, easy to use


The actual physical device included is fantastic. It's small, easy to use, and does it's job without any hassle. The software included is a little clumsy at first, but once you get the hang of it it's not a problem.



I've spent about 20 hours so far recording from all of my family's old home movies and ran into very few problems throughout the whole process. Just make sure to do a few short test recordings to find the best format before you commit hours and hours of time. For me the WMV 4GB setting gave the best quality/file size ratio. But anyway once you figure out which format to record in everything's pretty easy.



The only thing that was a bit frustrating was the editing component of the software. It's just sorta clunky overall, but it gets the job done. If it bothers you there are plenty of free programs out there that you can substitute in. The recording aspect produces normal video files which you can easily move to other programs.



Where this product really shines is the ease of capturing video with minimal mess. I'd rate it a 4.5/5 if I could, but I'm pleased enough that I'll bump it up to a 5 rather than drop it to a 4 on Amazon's rating system. I did a lot of research before buying and I'm fairly positive this is the best video capture system available right now. VHS To DVD 4.0 Plus

I was going to pay $20 at Costco to have one of my VHS tapes converted into DVD until I saw this item. This product is very easy to use and helps not only convert your VHS to DVD's, but helps you upload it directly to YouTube. Def recommend this to everyone.

This was my first run with this type of software and I thought my research was pretty good. I liked the idea of the interface since I don't have a TV card on-board my computer. This portion worked fine for transfering the VHS signal from the VCR to the program via the computer.



Here is what I wish I had known before I purchased this product:



The software is EXTREMELY basic. Editing is possible but it's clumsy and non-intuitive. There are only two choices, Basic or Advanced editing. Basic editing is point to where the video is and hit BURN, that's it. That's fine if that is all you need. In Advanced you have a few more choices but they are very basic, very clunky and very frustrating. I had transfered different chapters and didn't realize that I had more than the capacity of my 4.7 gig DVD so tried to eliminate chapters to meet the limit. Never could figure out how to do it. I tried to delete the title page after making a mistake and couldn't. I'd delete chapter after chapter, save it, close it, re-open it and it would still not burn showing I STILL had 5.3 gigs of data. I had to dump all record of the project and re-transfer it.



This stuff will work for most beginners, I'm no expert but this was just too limiting for me. I will say that the software loaded well and seems to work within its limitations. I'd recommend taking a look at Cyberlink Power Director 8 for an option that gives a little more control and seems to be more predictable. Good luck!

I purchased this to copy 8mm home movies from camera to DVD. The hardware and software make this a very easy process. The only issue I had was with the sync of the video and audio; not an issue on movies of kids where the only talking is from behind the camera, but the out of sync audio is annoying watching others talk. I then tried to use this to copy TV shows I had recorded on my cable DVR. I was surprised to find it copied DVR shows as easily as 8mm movies. To overcome the audio/video sync issue I recommend using the audio input to your microphone and changing the audio source from USB to Microphone. Once I did this all sync issues went away. All in all a pretty good product.

I have a lot of old VHS family movies and wanted to convert them to digital. I was going to try a different product, but read terrible reviews (Roxio Easy VHS to DVD). After reading the positive reviews of the Honestech VHS to DVD product, I purchased, and could not be more pleased. Software installed quickly and easily. The device is easy to use. Works as advertised. The only thing extra that I bought was some "RCA Y splitter" cables so I could run the VCR cables to the converter box and to the TV so we could watch the tapes on the TV while they were being captured & converted to digital. You will also need a large storage drive if you plan to capture a lot of video. I'm using a USB external 500MB drive. Honestech VSH to DVD is an outstanding product at a reasonable price.

VHS To DVD 4.0 Plus was exactly the product I needed to convert my many VHS tapes of years of family videos to DVD's. I not only accomplished this with VHS To DVD 4.0 Plus, but the software also enabled me to edit my videos, delete unwanted footage, rearrange the sequence of my video clips, merge and separate my video clips into segments for which I could create a descriptive title page, all before burning a DVD with a menu screen that allows you to select which segment you wish to view when playing the DVD created with VHS To DVD 4.0 Plus. I was also very pleased with the tech support I received when I had questions about how to convert multiple VHS tapes to one DVD. This is an excellent product that is not too costly and one I would highly recommend. - Vista Compatible - Honestech - Vhs To Dvd - Easy To Use'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information