Tuesday 16 August 2011

Personal Coffee Maker - coffee, single cup coffee maker


I love coffee. And, I'm kind of an elitist when it comes to coffee. I can only use really good beans-- right now I'm using Lavazza, but my every day coffee is starbucks brand. The problem is, I cannot produce a good POT of coffee for the life of me. I don't know why. I use filtered water. I clean out the carafe. My regular every day machine has a water filter. I don't know why my pots of coffee are horrid compared to my husband's pots of coffee, which taste as if they came from the local coffeehouse/espresso bar.



So, after getting a free senseo (YUCK!), and giving it to a friend, I bought this little coffee maker. IT makes a really good cup of coffee I have not messed up even one time. And, I use it 5-10 times per day. It is just excellent. I've been looking at the higher priced one cup makers, such as the Tassimo, but I'm not sure I need it. With freshly ground good beans, this little coffee maker does the job.



This coffee maker, by the way, makes a hot cup of coffee-- definitely as hot as every full-size coffeemaker I've ever had. I'm wondering if the other reviewer just got a machine that didn't work too well. Or, maybe he just likes it from boiled water. Whatever the case, if you're used to drinking coffee made from regular drip machines, this one is fine.



I've had this coffeemaker for at least two months now, and I literally use it 5 to 10 times per day. I keep expecting it to break, because it's definitely not made expensively, but it keeps going. I think it's a great choice for someone like me or someone in an office.



This comes with a durable reusable gold-colored metal filter.



I have had this product in my office at work for a little over a month, and so far, so good. The ceramic cup is very easy to clean, and the size of the machine itself is just perfect for my desk. The only "issue" I have with it is that it gets just a little noisy near end of the brewing. Otherwise, its perfect.

I bought this to save counter space and make just one cup of coffee at a time. It works well and the coffee is hot enough. To make sure after reading some reviews about the temperature, I rinsed the mug in hot water first to make it warm before using. The only problem which is slight is the small amount of splashing when it's dripping into the mug. It really should have a cover with a small hole in it to prevent this. I take a narrow piece of aluminum foil and just scrunch it around the upper part of the mug and no spills. I recommend this product as a good product for the price.

There is a trick to making hot coffee with this appliance. Leave the spout swung to the side (not over the filter) until the water is boiling hot, then carefully swing it over the filter. You will have boiling hot coffee!

Works fine, coffee is hot and good, no problem there. What I can't believe is that it does NOT shut off automatically when done brewing. I'm not sure what would happen if someone forgot about it for a few minutes. This is NOT SAFE at all and I will have to buy another unit, basically useless.

I bought this item because I was always brewing more coffee than I needed and wasting. This is an excellent single cup space saving coffee maker. Mine came with a mug AND measuring scoop, as well as reusable filter so it was ready to use when I pulled it out of the box. Wish I had known about these when I was traveling! GREAT PRODUCT !!

It is a one cup coffee maker and does just that. Nothing fancy. It is rather slow and splashes a little if you use a regular size coffe cup. I do think that it makes quite a good cup of joe though. Probably about the best bang for your buck if this is all you need. I am satisfied with it.

It worked fine for the first few months, then the brew began to leak a little from the bottom while brewing. Today the leak became a flood. At the rate of $5 a month to use this coffee maker, it is NOT a bargain. - Coffee - Personal Coffee Maker - One Cup - Coffee Maker - Single Cup Coffee Maker - Reusable Filter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information