Tuesday 16 August 2011

Highly Recommend - wood puzzle, puzzles


I have a 28 month old grandson. I wanted some new toys for him to play with at my house. I wanted something that would challenge him. He has several other things that I have seen him progress with skills while playing with them. I thought this one would be the same. First, he would learn to remove the pieces and eventually progress to putting the pieces back in. He came over and I got this puzzle out. It started out the way I thought it would. He figured out that he needed to put the magnet on the metal spots, which he did. As he took them out, we talked about the picture on the piece. He wasn't ready to replace the pieces, which was okay. That could come later. What I was not anticipating, but probably should have, was him draping the string around his neck. Talk about choking hazard. We stopped that activity and then he started waving the pole back and forth. We managed to take it away from him before he hit himself or someone else with the magnet on the end. The puzzle is now in the closet and we will wait until he is closer to or past 3 before getting it out again. I want to challenge him, but not at the risk of injuring him. Melissa & Doug Deluxe 10-Piece Magnetic Fishing Game

The kids love using the magnet fishing pole and discussing their "catch". The only problem I have encountered is how much the 3 yr old loves to twirl the fishing pole causing much potential for disaster.

My 1 1/2 year old son loved this toy at a friend's house. I enjoyed helping him work on it as well. But when I ordered this newer version with more cartoon-like fish we are both disappointed. I think the fish and sea creatures look silly, and I can no longer name them. I definitely prefer the more realistic looking sea creatures on the older version and my son seemed more attracted to them as well.



Also with this newer version the puzzle pieces are more difficult to put back because it isn't immediately clear which way is up. I'm sure when he is older it will be easier for him. (I realize he is younger than the recommended age).



He does still enjoy "fishing" out the pieces. It's still a good toy, but we are going back to the older version.

I bought this for my almost-2 year old niece. She and her 4 year old sister both enjoy playing with it and, according to my sister, it provides some welcome QUIET play time (so many toys lately come complete with loud, electronic NOISE).



Recommended!

My son is 18 months old. His grandparents got this puzzle for him about two months ago. I thought he wouldn't understand how to do it, since the age recommendation was 3 years and up, and you have to have pretty good fine motor skills and control to swing and hold the fishing pole magnetic just right over the pieces in order to pick them up.



After about a week, he was a pro with it, picking up the pieces patiently. I was impressed and started teaching him the names of the sea creatures. So now I will tell him, "Pick up the squid," and he'll 'fish' it out and give it to me. He will do that correctly for each animal I name. He also tries to say "Octopus" "Jellyfish" "Dolphin" "Whale" and "SHARK!" (that one is yelled).



He loves this toy and it is teaching him patience and fine motor skills. It is well made and not noisy!! We love it.

My nine month old thought that this was the best thing ever! Magnet on fishing rod easily grabs the pieces, making it great fun and not overly challenging. Only complaint is that he chewed the pieces and some of the coating easily came off. Overall, lots of fun for hours. A must have!

I got this for my daugther and although she likes it I was a little disappointed. I know its a fishing game but it is also a puzzle and unlike the other Melissa and Doug puzzles (which I love)this game does not have a picture underneath the puzzle piece which is a bit tricky for my little one plus its not so colourful as it is just the wood underneath. Another point is it would be nice if the fishing rod attached to the puzzle to store it and then I would not have to go looking for it before we can play it again.

I know that it's meant for older children, but I let him play with it under supervision and he loves it. Even at 16 months, he was able to recognize the turtle specifically and only fish it out. It's a great, very sturdy toy, with lots of bright colors. I was initally concerned about the magnet in the fishing pole, but it's made really well and we've had no problems. Great toy!

I bought this product for my daubghter when she was about 18 months old. She is now almost 3 and still loves this toy. I origionally bought it because she has always loved fishing with Daddy and its such a simple toy for a younger toddler to figure out. The sea ceatures she can "catch" with the magnetic "fishing pole" come out easy and they are very easy to put back in. They are large enough so they wont fit in her younger brothers mouth. The string on the fishing pole is short enough so that when she gets a little too excited and flings it around, it wont usually whack her in the head. When we first got the toy, we had to help her fish and then we would put the creatures back in their puzzle homes. Now she has mastered the art of fishing with her pole and can put them all back where they belong. She can even tell us what each creature is now. The only reason I couldnt give this product 5 starts is because I think it should have some sot of way to attach the fishing pole to the puzzle board so it wont get lost.

My son is 21 months and he loves this puzzle. I just roll up the string around the rod and make a knot so that he cannot put it around his neck. Making the string shorter also makes it easier for him to control the rod. He loves this puzzle. We play with it at least every day. He is learning to identify the creatures and is happy when he gets the piece that I ask for. It is a great puzzle to have. - Puzzles - Wood Puzzle - Fine Motor Skills - Wooden Toy'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Highly Recommend - wood puzzle, puzzles wooden toy Highly Recommend - wood puzzle, puzzles