Friday 5 August 2011

Usb Adapter - travel converter, adapter


I bought three of these units because they had everything I needed, a USB charger and an electric outlet.



The first one I forgot at the hotel, ok, my fault.

The second one fried in London (only the USB port), while charging my iphone overnight

The third one fried in Tanzania (the entire unit was black on the inside), while charging.. yes, my iphone overnight



I did get replacements for the two fried units from the manufacturer, but there are a few things that concerned me.



1) The device has a fuse and a spare, why did it not protect the unit

2) Is this a batch problem, or a design flow??

3) Because it was each time with the iphone, is it just specific to the iphone, duration????



Two stars, one because of the issues I had with this unit, and one star for the prompt delivery of two alternative units. Hopefully they will last longer



Outside of that, the light that indicates what is charging works great and gives you an indication you are getting power. Digipower ACP-WTA World Travel Adapter with Built-in USB Charger (White)

I have been to 65 countries and have a bin full of converters. This one replaces them all! A compact and versatile little gadget with an amazing array of currency and plug options. Labels on the converter are much more useful than the usual chart. I will take this converter on all my travels!

Just returned from a trip to Asia. This gadget was awesome. I was able to plug my computer charger into it, no problems. The separate USB2 charging station was a huge bonus, where my mini-notebook was short on USB ports. I was able to charge my iPod separately.

The pictures are very difficult to figure out what you are actually getting. You get a 3 prong grounded US outlet plus 1 USB port for charging only. I paired this with a Monster Power 3 port travel powerstrip and it was perfect.

The device worked as described and was very helpful during my recect trip to Spain and France. It could handle the recessed connections that are now in use. The price on Amazon was much lower than the cost at Brookstones which sells the same unit.

International?? No it only gives you local power, not US (110 volts) It melted my wife's toothbrush charger in London. I am doubtful of the veracity of the glowing first review. Now we are touring the Mediterranean and I will have a miserable trip!



Unlike Amazon to let me down like this. - Travel Converter - Adapter - Notebook Power Adapters - Power Plug Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information