Friday 5 August 2011

High Speed Cable Modem - high speed cable modem, modem


I tried both Motorola SB6120 and Zoom5341. I have Comcast blast internet and Speakeasy test shows download speed 23.5 MBps with Motorola SB6120, 24.8 MBps with Zoom5341, so I decided to stay with Zoom5341. Installation takes around 30 minutes, you need to call to Comcast and give them modem MAC Address. Zoom 5341 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem - 1 x F-type Network WAN, 1 x RJ-45 10/100/1000Base-T Network LAN - 172Mbps - External

I recently bought two different Motorola SB6120 Docsis 3.0 cable modem to work with Comcast and I wasted 2 hours working with Comcast support and SB6120 just wouldn't sync or hold connection with comcast. I eventually gave up and ordered the ZOOM 5341.



The 5341 is $5 more and I'm not familiar with the ZOOM brand. Wow, I plugged it in, spent 5 minutes on the phone with Comcast support(tell them MAC address & make/model & wait 5 minutes), and it has been working like a charm! Can't tell about durability yet but it seems fast and so far it's been stable. This is so much better than the SB6120.

I bought this to avoid the monthly rental and still (hopefully) be covered technology-wise for a couple of years.

Setup was a breeze - all I had to do was call into Comcast with the new MAC address and modem make/model# and the setting up on their side took a couple of mins. I had occasional link drops over the next couple of days, but things stabilized well enough after that.



I have the 20mbps Performance internet from Comcast, and this was showing me about 24.5 Mbps on average on [...] and 23Mbps speakeasy; was getting about 19Mbps with my old Comcast-supplied Scientific Atlantic docsis 1.1 modem.



I haven't had any trouble so far in the past month with this product.

Just upgraded to Comcast Extreme 50. Tried the zoom 5341 D3 modem and Motorola D3 modem over the course of 3days. The Zoom was by far the fastest. Setup was easy on both. But am more than satisfied with the Zoom 5341. Returned the Motorola after the trials.



Now I have pure internet solution which includes TV, phone, music, movie night with no concern about bandwidth or buffering.

I purchased the Zoom 5341 modem based on its reviews. The installation went fairly smoothly with Comcast. Make sure you write down the MAC number from the bottom of the modem, as well as the serial number. The Serial Number is the last number on the bottom of the Zoom but it is not marked with S/N or any other "serial number" identification. It threw the Comcast rep a slight curve ball because she said most modem S/N numbers are not this long. Other than the 2 minutes it took Comcast to confirm this was the Zoom's serial number, the modem was up and running in 15 minutes.



Am saving $7.00 a month over outrageous Comcast leasing fees and the Zoom 5341 is faster in my modem speed testing.

I am a Comcast internet customer and had an old Motorola Cable Modem. Over time, Comcast has upgraded my service from 5 mbps to Blast which is up to 20mbps. I ran the comcast speed test on the old modem and found that I was getting only 8 to 10 mbps. Additionally, at times, the modem would just stop communicating with Comcast and I would have to reboot it to get it to work. I ordered the Zoom from Amazon. Called the Comcast 800 number and installed as they suggested. They needed numbers from the device in order to install. It took a little while for them to connect to it (a few minutes). They almost seemed ready to give up, but then it was discovered. I now consistently get over 20 mbps on the speed test and can see a notable difference on large downloads. I have not had to reboot it either.

This Zoom cable modem is awesome. It is fast and has us ready for any cable upgrades. It was easy to set up. I switched to this modem instead of renting a modem. I am really pleased with the speed and with the capability. Well done.

Just got this modem today (sf bay area) and after a call to comcast [5 min.], it was up and running. First impression:



-small and well built



-only a small increase in speed but I had a docsis 2.0 before



-although flat out speed only increased by a couple of mbs, pages load faster and the nightly slowdown from 8pm - 11pm is gone. With 4 downstream channels, the speed -is consistent=smooth.



-I notice no more heat coming from this modem that the rented one it's replacing (just warm) but I am using the stand for vertical position.



-works great with my router



So far, I am glad I purchased this modem.

Oh - I almost forgot - my cable bill just went down by five bucks a month!

Comcast came in to install my brand new cable service. The guy tried to install this modem instead of their default SB5120. But we gave up on the Zoom after it rebooted twice without being touched. I had hopes in this little modem, seemed the only modem reasonably priced that supports DOCSIS 3; but for whatever reason the unit I had did not work. Returned to Amazon, who graciously covered the shipping cost b/c the unit was bad. I bought a CM100 on Amazon instead, and that one connected without a hitch. - Comcast - Broadband - Modem - High Speed Cable Modem'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information