Friday 5 August 2011

Percussion Accessories - drum practice, percussion accessories


I got one of these only because my 4-year-old son, who also drums (on a great Gretsch Catalina Club kit), was forced to wear ear protection (the Peltor 90554 Junior Earmuff, Blue) and I wanted him to learn by example. Surprisingly, these ear muffs really let the drum sound through (I had been using Remington shooting muffs which let nothing through). I like them so much that even when I'm practicing alone, I keep them on.



Very comfortable on my big Herman Munster head, and rarely do I feel the need to remove them (unless I'm doing brush work on the drums).



I recommend these without reservation.



--------Update at 1 year-------



Still love these things. The only time I have to move one of the ear muffs off of my ear is when I'm jamming with a bass player and guitar player, and the guitarist EQs to a lower frequency. I can still hear the drums just fine, but the bass and guitar blend in the sound spectrum, so I need to free an ear to try and catch higher frequencies.



I have a friend who is a professional drummer who comes over, and I go to guitar or bass. He insists on wearing these every time he comes over, and has asked to borrow them for gigs. He's Dominican and plays with Latin bands, and finds that these isolation headphones pull his kit's sound away from the other percussion on the stage. In my studio, I sometimes need to wear headphones to absorb his heavy hitting, but then I can't hear my guitar. As such, I've had to buy another pair.



Really a great investment if you need to hear what you're doing on the drums with a room of other instruments fighting for parts of the sound frequency spectrum.

The weird thing about these are especially if you do not know or are not too good at tuning, or your drum set just sounds crappy, these head set make your drum sound really good makes me play better beats and just makes the drums sound kick ass.. A must have for practicing drummers. Another item that works just as good are in ear foamies. Roll em up and shove em all the way in your ear and they isolate just as good.. - Percussion Accessories - Drum Practice'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information