Friday 5 August 2011

Cuisinart Blade - cuisinart blade, none


I thought I was going to have to throw out this blender since I couldn't find this part anywhere on Cuisinart's site, that is until I found it here on Amazon! This part took UNDER 5 minutes to replace.



Remove 3 screws on the bottom of the blender

Pull off cover

Use a screwdriver to keep the motor's shaft from spinning

On the other side, use a wrench, grab and unscrew the brass ring in a clockwise motion (It's reverse threaded)

Screw on new replacement blade driver (Counter-clockwise to tighten)

Put blender cover back on

Reinstall the 3 screws on the bottom of the blender

You're done!



I'm serious when I say that the whole process took me about 3 minutes.



REALLY beats having to buy a new blender.

Fyi, the brass plate has reverse threads. So the rule of, righty tighty and lefty loosy, do not apply in this case. Try turning the brass threads to the right to take it off and maybe you can then use the replacement clutch. GOOD LUCK, I hope this helps.

I concur with the earlier review entitled "Don't get this unless you can remove the brass" - sadly I did not realize what this reviewer meant until I received the piece and found that on the bottom side, not shown in item image on website, that there is a redundant brass threaded hole permanently glued in. I really cannot remove the brass piece and so I cannot use this replacement part.

I accidentally stumbled upon this item on Amazon when researching blenders. My Cuisinart blender had suddenly died due to a broken blade driver clutch. I hadn't know that this part was replaceable or even available, until seeing the item on Amazon and reading reviews about it.



I quickly ordered one and received it a few days later. Our brass fitting seemed to be permanently stuck, despite following other readers' suggestions for removal. My husband then applied WD-40 and allowed it to soak in for about 30 minutes. This allowed the fitting to loosen up and he was then able to remove it. He put the new clutch in, reassembled the motor and oila! we're back in business.



Thanks to Amazon and all of the readers who explained how to replace the clutch.

This was the perfect solution to a problem that had bugging me for a long time! I couldn't find this replacement part anywhere other than Amazon, not even thru Cuisinart directly...and what a steal! Much cheaper than just buying a whole new blender which is what I thought I was going to have to do! The whole process of taking the old piece off and replacing the driver clutch took less than 5 minutes tops (and I'm not a very "handy with the tools" kinda girl) but, I just followed the advice of previous reviewers and it was a snap. I'm very happy with this purchase! =)

It took 15 minutes, a flathead screwdriver, a small head Phillips, and a pair of channel lock pliers and the brass fitting came off rather easily. Take the time to turn the base over, unscrew the three screws and remove the motor. Put the screwdrive in the slot at the bottom of the assembly and use the pliers to unscrew the brass fitting. It'll come off easily enough. The hardest part is putting it back together and realigning the motor and housing screws. Piece of cake.

$12 with shipping vs another piece of plastic in the landfill(priceless)

I only gave three stars since I still need to see if the part fits when it arrives in a couple of days:)



LEW

Thanks to these reviews I discovered that the brass barrel at the end of the motor shaft would have to be removed before installing the new clutch.So I decided that before I ordered the part I would try to remove it.



The way I finally removed the brass barrel was by unscrewing the 4 screws at the bottom of the case and then carefully removing the the motor so I could see the other end of the shaft that holds the brass barrel thingy. The end of the shaft as a slot for a screwdriver. This is intended to be used to keep the shaft from spinning while you unscrew the Brass thingamabob. Remember to unscrew the brass fitting in a clockwise direction (righty looosey).



Hopes this helps - None - Cuisinart Blade'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information