Sunday 28 August 2011

Remote Control Repeater - remote control extender, ir kit


i own a flat screen, blu-ray, i have cable, a home theater with 5 disk dvd, and a seperate dvd recorder... this is all set up in a cabinet style media center with a flat screen mount above the cabinet. until i bought this, i had to leave the cabinet open all the time so that any of my five remotes could send the signal to it's component. now all i have is one little sensor under my tele, i can keep the cabinet shut all the time, and it makes things look so much better... everything is hidden away. i haven't had any problems with lag or delay with any of my remotes or their ability to control their pieces of hardware, and this was very easy to install. the only thing i am missing now is a good all in one remote ! Smarthome 59501 Hidden IR Repeater System, Black

This is my second one of these (the other one didn't die, I just needed a second one for a different room) and both have worked great. Perfect for hiding your a/v components out of the way for a nice clean look to your home theater.



Only reason for a four instead of a 5 is because the length of the cable from the repeater (which accepts the signal from the remote) and the box (in the closet that transmits the signal to your components) is pretty short and can't be extended (best as I can tell). This is a design change from the older models and not a good one. So you need to keep your components about 6 feet or so from the home theater. Depending on your set up and location of your stuff this is either no biggie or a deal breaker, your call.



Construction of the unit seems a little cheap, but given that you pretty much just set the thing up and then it sits there this is not a big deal. No moving parts or anything, so whatever.



Overall a great solution, works exactly as advertised.

I have my equipment in a closet and the TV is on the wall. This device allows me to control all the devices in the closet (Roku, Scientific Atlanta cable box, etc). I gave it four stars instead of 5 because there was one device it didn't work with: a Media center extender that's obsolete, so most people won't be affect.

I have my HDTV in the main floor of my house with my A/V equipment located in the basement right below.



I was originally set back by the price of this repeater system. However, after trying two other lower price brands of repeaters that use RF to transmit the IR signals and have them not really work (worked 50-75% of the time...often having to repeatedly press the same buttons to get it to respond) I found I wasted over $50. One system worked for two of the components, and the other worked for the other...neither worked for all and they still didn't work that well.



I finally just ordered this system. And...



It works perfectly. Controls all my equipment flawlessly (Motorola DVR/Cable Box, Home Theater PC, Denon Receiver, Panasonic HDTV). I couldn't be happier.



Don't do what I did...just get the best from the start...

I have used IR repeaters before, but all were built into other devices. Although this device comes with an instruction book, I really didn't need it. Everything was obvious. I plugged it in, shut the door on my AV equipment and it all worked the first time.

This was VERY easy to set up right out of the package! Emitters stuck to each of my components with no hassles. The control box is very small so it is ideal to hide inside your cabinet or where ever you choose to put it. This is working perfectly fine with my Direct TV HD DVR (HR21), Comcast HD DVR and my Panasonic Blue Ray Player. I have a Samsung plasma and put the receiver on the bottom right hand side (left side if your facing the TV) and it works great! There is no delay or "lag" when I am using either remote control. The receiver will light up with a red light to confirm proper operation. The instructions did say that I might not work with a Direct TV receiver but it did with mine. It also works great with my Samsung Plasma TV. Will be buying a few more of these kits in the very near future for other projects around the house.

I needed the repeater to utilize a credenza as a media center/stand. It had solid wood doors and I was at a loss as to how I would be able to use my components stored there, under the new television. This IR repeater was just the thing. It was set up in 10 minutes and works perfectly. I highly recomment this product to anyone with a need such as mine.

I bought this after reading about many repeaters. I thought if I picked the kind of middle priced item that it would handle my electronic needs well. Happy when I got the package from Amazon. The repeater is sealed in a hard plastic wrapper. Cut the sealed unit out of the wrapping to get the directions. Find that this is the perfect repeater except it doesn't work with Scientific Atlanta (Bright House Road Runner Cable) which is what I have. Spent 85 dollars for a good deal that doesn't work. Nothing in the literature said this until I opened it up for the directions. - Infrared Repeater - Remote Control Extender - Remote Extender - Ir Kit'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information