Sunday 28 August 2011

Astronomy Laser - green laser pointer, laser pointer


I made this purchase after doing as much research on green lasers as possible. After reading the reviews for this particular laser, I was a bit skeptical, but thought that the price was low enough for me to opt for it over a 100mw or lesser laser. Upon opening the package from the seller, I found 5 items. First was a nice vlevety covered box. The box came with a foam insert that was cut to the size of the laser and the batteries for safe storage. Second was the laser itself. The construction was solid and the warning label was exactly as depicted. So far, I had actually received a >200mw laser. Third were the batteries. Unfortunately, these were AAA akaline batteries from a company that I had never heard of...more on them later. Fourth was an piece of paper with instructions on how to properly insert the batteries and operate the laser. Finally, there was a typed up letter from the seller discussing the dangers of using the laser. Here is where I also learned that they expect their batteries might not work.



The next step was to try the laser out. I took the supplied batteries and stuck them in the laser, closed it up, and to my dissappointment, nothing happened. Upon further inspection, I noticed a faint red hue coming from the lens opening, but this was by no means a green laser. I then put in my Energizer Litium Max batteries as suggested by some of the other reviews on this site. After I closed up the housing and tried the thing out, I was pleasantly surprised! To my untrained eye, this was living up to the 200mw expectations I had. Aiming at a white wall approximately 15 feet away in the middle of the day with the lights on, the greeen dot that appeared was so bright I immediately turned it off. This leads me to my second suggestion...buy some protective glasses when operating this product!



My next taks was to see exactly what kind of power we were talking about here. To the matches! I pulled out a wooden match from the drawer, used a black Sharpie to color the match head, propped it up and aimed the laser at it from approximately 8 inches away. After a couple of seconds, FIRE! I couldn't believe it! This laser does in fact light matches. I have yet to play around with it much more beyond that, but so far I'm thinking this was a great buy!



I will be posting a video in the next few days showing the capabilites of this laser on my YouTube page [...]

Final thought...buy this laser! You won't be dissappointed. 200 MW GREEN LASER POINTER

When I first started using this pointer the brightnes was inconsistent and then it would not turn on at all. I found that by unscrewing it as if to change the batteries it would work for a little while. I then unscrewed it again and pulled on the contact spring for the + part of the battery and did not have a problem since. I think more attention should be given to quality control, because as in this case, the spring simply was not long enough to provide sufficient contact.

I was very skeptical at first buying this considering most 200 mW green lasers are $70 plus but this one can burn matches and pop balloons with half batteries so i am very satisfied i am going to recommend this to a ton of friends. Only reason rated 4 was because dead batteries made me think the laser was broken and i had to run to store to make sure.

First off I own several lasers from 5mW to 300mW and this laser compares about to my 30mW... I have bought 3 lasers from this company Bynovel 2 100mW and this 200mW only one still works and I bought them in march of 2011 and thats running them on a duty cycle of 35 -60 sec on and 30 sec off..... They all came with the same sticker on it saying <100mW which means it is lower then 100mW that was to be expected for this price range. but i payed $30.00 more for the 200mW you think they would at least change up the stickers on it..... Do yourself a favor and just get the 100mW if you want a cheap green laser and save some money... or buy from Optotronics or nova lasers you get what you pay for there....

GREAT laser! VERY bright beam is easily visible, arrived at my house in about 2-3 days when it wasnt expected to come for 3-4 weeks!YES it can light a match and YES it can pop balloons! It popped 5 balloons in a row in less than 5 seconds! Shines MILES and MILES away! Awesome buy! VERY bright! Came in a velvety box, and 2 energizer batteries that were full of battery!



A MUST get! Awesome!



A+++++++++

This laser did arrive on time however the lens eas scratched and off center. The laser was hitting the inside more than ot was outside, I could also look inside the opening and see scratches on the lens. Defiantly not worth the money!

I recently bought a 50mw green laser pointer. To much disappointment i found it did not pop balloons or light matches. After talking to some of my friends i decided to go out and buy a 100mw laser. I found that it did indeed pop balloons but only if they had black sharpie on them, full batteries, and even then it took a very steady hand and time. After spending so much money i decided that i was going to buy one more and that i would make sure what i was buying was going to do what i wanted. so i did some research and found that a 200mw laser would pop balloons and light matches. After reading some of the reviews and comments on this i was a little worried that it would indeed be another waste of money, so i went to my uncle who owns this exact version(purchased it 3 weeks previously so it was still pretty new). i decided to run it through some tests. I wanted to see if it would:

pop balloons

light matches

generate a beam

constant, sturdy light

and overall be durable(not fade, break, or burnout over time)



I found that it did almost all of the above. I could not test the constant beam very well because after about 25 seconds the laser would overheat and start to fade. I lined up 10 balloons(black) in a straight line, i then held the laser about 3ft away and pressed the button. The balloons were gone almost instantly. Now the matches weren't as easy, at first i tried it with a regular, untainted match. After about 2 minutes of shining and cooling i could start to smell it burning, but it would never quite catch a flame. I then put in new batteries and sharpied a new match black. Holding it a foot away in a matter of 15 seconds or so it burst to flame. I then pulled the curtains closed and turned the lights of, it was as dark as if a large storm cloud had passed over the sun. From readings reports of the light being so bright it hurt i decided to put glasses on, by shining it down my 10ft hallway it shone with the brightness of a bonfire. Even with that amount of light i could still see the beam it created. I never got enough money to buy one so 2 months had gone by and i wanted to test the last one, durability. I ran all the tests again with the SAME RESULTS! I was astounded. This was a used laser that had gone through abuse like being dropped(hard ground and water), aged, and over used, and it passed every single test. i went out and bought one and have been happy ever since. This is a very good product to buy and you will not be disappointed. - Laser Pointers - Laser Pointer - Green - Green Laser Pointer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information